NROLFW

Options
lovelyrose11
lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
Hi all. I'm a serious newbie to lifting. I am working out at home using dumbbells and kettlebells. Unfortunately, I cannot afford a gym membership. I was interested in getting the New Rules of Lifting book. I was wondering if it provides workouts I can do from home, or do you need gym equipment? I don't want to waste my money. Also, if it requires a gym, do you have any lifting routine regimens I can find elsewhere to do from home?

Replies

• JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about NROL in regards to required equipment, but Renaissance Periodization just recently came out with new "gym-free" workout templates for people who are just getting started and/or have minimal equipment. I've used RP previously for both nutrition and training programming & absolutely recommend them.
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I do NROL4W at home, and just modify the exercises that require cable machines etc. For example, I do a bent over row with a barbell when it calls for seated row on cable machine. I would get a barbell and a pull up bar in addition to your dumbells, but set up for me has been much cheaper than a gym membership would be over any length of time - and getting to my garage is super easy and convenient :)