Mid-week check in!!

Options
cortni_152229
cortni_152229 Posts: 10 Member
How's your week going so far? What are you struggling with? What has been your strengths??

I've tracked and worked out every day successfully, but I am still snacking throughout the day and skipping meals! I am going to give meal prepping a try so I don't reach for granola bars and snacks when I'm hungry! I hope you're all having a great week so far! 😄😄

Replies

• ElizbethMolly
    ElizbethMolly Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm managing ok so far. Slipped up and had a donut at work today, but to make up for it I swam my butt off in my pool for 2 hours. Doing walking and other water aerobic stuffs. My legs are killing me now lol. I think I'm also coming down with a cold, which may help, loss of appetite and sore throat is the usual for my colds.
  • slugbugslugger
    slugbugslugger Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was running somewhere between a 1200-1500 calorie deficit on just food along with lifting 6x a week, so I went to a 1000 calorie deficit on just food and I feel much better. The speed of weight loss has dropped, but I'm not skipping the gym because I'm tired anymore.
  • Kactti
    Kactti Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For me not so super great. I haven't been eating very healthy but at least I stayed under my calories. I haven't gained or lost so far. I also haven't exercised but I hope I get the chance to go swimming a couple of times this week. I need to get a better routine so it would be easier to prepare healthier food
  • Jen74205
    Jen74205 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    By Day 1 I realised where I'd be going wrong. I've never really counted calories but I've been steadily losing or maintaining for a while so I didn't think I was going over. After dinner of the first day I realised I could check my macros on here. I was way off on protein. After eating on Day 1, I wasn't even eating half the protein I should have. Even after forcing myself to drink 2.5 servings of protein powder, I still wasn't very close. I've tried to change that since. I haven't lost anything since Monday but Wednesday was the first day in a long time that I ran without feeling like crap in a while. I'm definitely keeping up with MFP!
  • Jezzie625
    Jezzie625 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been doing fine I guess. I am however having a little trouble thinking of what to eat because I'm doing low/medium carb (a maximum of 98 grams per day). If anyone has tips for lunch and snacks, send me a message, because I'm getting a bit sick of salad and cucumberboats. I haven't had any possibility to do some exercise, sadly, because it's way too warm outside, every day this week has been between 38-40°C (100-105°F), which is way too hot since normally where I live the temperature at this time of year should be between 25-30°C (77-86°F). I'm eating around 1200 calories a day, which isn't that much, and is definitely below my limit, but I think it's fine when I don't/can't exercise?
    Also, my new hiking boots came in the mail yesterday, so I'm looking forward to going for a hike when it's not that hot outside anymore.
  • vpimentel04
    vpimentel04 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think I’m doing ok so far! I’m down around 5 lbs so far since Monday and I’ve only missed the gym once so far. When I start to get lazy and think about skipping the gym, I think “don’t you want to see a lower number on the scale tomorrow?” So that’s good motivation. I’m eating keto so I’ve been feeling really good
  • inkpoisonedsoul
    inkpoisonedsoul Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm doing great. I'm sticking to my goals and getting my workouts in on their scheduled days. Today is Triceps and Back at the gym, so Im very excited for this evening.
  • MahiMahi_93
    MahiMahi_93 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm doing okay! From day 1 I'm down 1.4lbs. Been doing intermittent fasting for 16 hours and working out for 30mins (yoga, pilates, cardio and strength) in a different style everyday. My diet is oookay. The only snack I've had the past 2 days is honey roasted nuts. Other than that had some freshly squeezed orange juice, mangoes, eggs.. etc. Stayed under my calorie limit without the workout. Roomies ordered pizza but I had some rice with lentil soup and veggies.

TODAY I'm kinda lazy and don't feel like working out. Maybe I'll do some light yoga and upper body exercises.
  • eannamfp
    eannamfp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been doing mostly okay :) I've succeeded in weighing in every day, tracking food every day, and being more conscious about some of my food choices. I'm struggling a bit with balancing my social life and diet goals though, and also this week has been pretty horrible in terms of other health goals. Monday and Tuesday I had midterms and midterm papers due in both of my summer classes, and I ended up getting barely any sleep Sunday and Monday night. I'm still trying to normalize my sleep schedule again. I've also been drinking a lot of my calories in the form of McDonald's iced coffee, which is not the best.....

Overall not a bad start but there's definitely still things to work on!
  • adak2
    adak2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not so great to be honest. I was doing really well up until today, but today I ended up relapsing and bingeing. I have an eating disorder (a real, diagnosed eating disorder, not an ALR "I plan my binges" eating disorder). It's rough, but I'm not going to do an Amberlynn and let this become an excuse to stop. I'm getting back on this and will continue to exercise and count calories. I am still losing weight and I'm not going to let this disorder control my life any longer
  • Evildead0
    Evildead0 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Down 4elbees this week! I thought for sure that my boss successfully tempting me with ice cream would *kitten* up my week, but nope!
  • MahiMahi_93
    MahiMahi_93 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This week I'm down 2.2 lbs with a meh diet and slight activity. Intermittent fasting is seriously helping.