Keto friends

Options
Emmapatterson1729
Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
edited July 2019 in Social Groups
Hi!! Started keto June 11, 2019 and absolutely love it. Dropping inches, hormonal changes, energy, never hungry.

I have a really nice friends list going of other ketoers and low carbers.

I'm kind of a nerd who gets a little too enthusiastic. But there's something comforting about opening up with others on here who can relate to health, weight, and/or body image struggles.

I find the home news feed very motivating and supportive; I love finding new ideas though others' diaries and sharing my dairy with friends.

I'm open for adds to others following Keto or low carb woe. I also enjoy reading others' successes and milestones. ;)

Replies

• SameMeLessFat
    SameMeLessFat Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The total lack of appetite kinda blew me away when I really got into keto. Previous diets that I tried resulted in me absolutely starving all day long.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    edited July 2019
    Options
    The total lack of appetite kinda blew me away when I really got into keto. Previous diets that I tried resulted in me absolutely starving all day long.

@SameMeLessFat

Same, been in complete and total shock!!!

I tried weight watchers years ago. Just for sh*+$ and giggles, I calculated the ww points of one of my recent salads...54 points for one salad.. They had me eating 24 points a day! I was starving and only losing 1 lb every 2 weeks.
  • EelkoDoesKeto
    EelkoDoesKeto Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm on day four and not really hungry... in fact after dinner last night (ground beef and cauliflower) I feel way too full.... I am generally struggling to reach my calorific diet, but I am still eating too much protein... so as I finetune it I might have less problems.... Going to hit the cookbooks this weekend (I bought some keto ones) to get some great recipe ideas...
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    @eelko2

We were really struggling to get calories in... We were making fat bombs or night protein snacks.

I think we've finally figured out how to up calories... Making extremely high fat meals. The dish I made for lunch was 850 calories, filling, and delicious... Sure didn't feel like typical diet food!!!