Hello I'm new to the group; please feel free to add me

Options
arizonero
arizonero Posts: 14 Member
I'm new to the group and find that I share a lot of the same problems as everyone else. Weight loss is a lot harder after 40.

I'm looking for community / support / motivation partners to keep my fitness optempo high.

My goal right now is to make working out the highest priority for 1 month where I work out every day no matter in order to attain a behavioral change.

I want to drop between 15 to 30 pounds over the next 6 months in fat.

I would be euphoric if I could rep over 300 by the end of the year in squats (another goal).

Replies

• eastjc
    eastjc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get down to 160 (normal bmi) from 255. Am at 215.5 now after 4 months. One more toddler to lose to go!
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I am around 207lbs. right now, and have done 290lbs squats. I was more excited about doing 3 sets of 7 dips for the first time in forever (without a negative weight) last week. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • cincisk8r
    cincisk8r Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Anyone who would like to add me, I accept all <3
  • julesana8888
    julesana8888 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 44 and a working mom with 3 teenage son's. Currently weigh 245 down from 269.2 in June. Want to lose the weight slow and keep it off for good this time.
  • jbyers877
    jbyers877 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody. Losing weight in your mid 40s is not so easy. I'm getting back to MFP after a brief hiatus. Previously lost 40+ (May-Nov) but have plateaued around 205 and looking to find my groove again. I completed my first mini triathlon last summer and plan several more this season better prepared and with better equipment. They are addictive and expensive! Also have a stretch goal of a half marathon at the end of April. Feel free to add me.
  • Rakesh_M
    Rakesh_M Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all, rejoined MFP recently, looking to lose 5kg and keep it off permanently. Could do with mutual support
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I like your goal of one month. I find that for me setting microgoals is really the best approach. I might have a day goal or week goal or month goal...and that is more effective for me than looking at the year goal, which can feel overwhelming!