Menopause Newbie

Options
YSA1212
YSA1212 Posts: 2 Member
Weight gain and menopause are inevitable, but I am over the fluctuations and need help. I exercise 5 to 6 days a week and eat fairly well, but an tightening my food intake which brought me back to my fitness pal. Any suggestions or recommendations for food are welcomed. Thanks.

Replies

• FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I am perimenopausal and I am already struggling with the weight control. I started following a low triglyceride diet as I read it was helpful for being able to eat larger volumes of food, with fewer calories overall, and eat more frequently throughout the day. It has helped with my hunger issues which have been really bad in the past year. I've had pains so bad the only other time in my life when I felt like this I was pregnant.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Things that helped me with menopausal problems were:

A one ounce sip of dry red wine, great source of estrogen. Really helped with dry skin and dryness in general. I hate the taste of wine and took it like medicine.

Black cohosh for hormone support, really helped with hot flashes and night sweats.

I love Astragalus and Dong Quai for female hormonal support and balance.

And I take a sublingual b12 (under the tongue tablet). It helps maintain muscle mass, increases metabolism, and increases energy levels.

These helped me keep muscle mass, energy, and metabolism up and balance and increase hormones.

Good luck!