What time of day do you prefer running?

sfinsc
sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
I'm curious about this! I'm a morning runner (and exerciser in general), but my husband far prefers the afternoon.

Also, I'm running on our local school's track but there were far too many people for my liking at 10 AM...thinking about going earlier. If you run on a school track, what time do you find it to be less busy, especially once school starts up?

Replies

• showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    hi @sfinsc

I have noticed i run the best at about 10:00 but unfortuately that is unrealistic for me. So I have to MAKE something else work..... I know around here you would have to be at the school before 7:00 as football starts at 7:30.

Happy Thursday!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    I prefer early morning running, but that doesn't happen often. I can't run within an hour or two of eating either.

The schools around here won't let you run on their tracks during school hours. There is a local track that used to belong to a school, but is now considered open to the public for running anytime and isn't usually too busy. I'd rather run on the local multi-use paved trails (Razorback Greenway) or in any number of parks.

• amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Prefer? Afternoon/early evening. Must do b/c of schedule 5:15am. I also can't run after eating or within a short time frame so I just get up and do it in the morning. Before kids and family I'd run after work but now I'm spending as much time with my kids in the afternoon as possible after work.
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Prefer and perform better in the morning. But, schedule at the mo means I'm trying for evenings.

Mornings are quieter in general here which is another reason I prefer them.

@amgreenwell kudos to you, I need that kind of resolve!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Anytime nobody sees me!
  • Cricketmad88
    Cricketmad88 Posts: 415 Member
    Anytime nobody sees me!

This exactly. I check on sunset/rise time and go around then
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    When I wake up in the morning. If I do not do it first thing, then it just does not happen.