New Keto - Returning MFP member!

Nettabee20
Nettabee20 Posts: 3 Member
Hi there! I’m back on MFP after a few years and I started keto/low carb last Monday. I’m just looking to build a supportive group around me as I adjust to this new lifestyle, and also find some inspiration for new recipes!

So far I’m down 6.6lbs and since my mom did keto a few years ago I’m doing well with taking care of my body to avoid some of the symptoms that hit early on. I’m really excited make this switch and hope that I can also help be someone else’s biggest fan!

Replies

• PamperYourBaby2
    PamperYourBaby2 Posts: 26 Member
    Hey There....Great Job on your new keto journey. I too am loving the way the weight is just literally melting away. I have been on my keto journey for 40 days and I'm down 24lbs thus far. I haven't really started a regular exercise routine as of yet....but that's my next goal. I'm learning, exploring, and tweaking as I go. Its been a journey full of adventure!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Welcome back to mfp. I've used mfp on and off for years just for tracking. This is my first time doing keto and first time using the groups and friends list.

Been at keto for 49 days now... Love it. I agree, I love melting away... Literally watching body dissolve.

I've already dropped over 12 inches from stomach and 3 pants sizes.

The other group called Low Carber Daily Forum also has a lot of active discussions and recipes, if you haven't joined yet. Good group to check out.

Good luck!!!
  • Nettabee20
    Nettabee20 Posts: 3 Member
    I actually did join other Low Carb forum group when I join this keto group so I’m excited about that too!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited July 2019
    It is awesome, I frequently scroll through the thread, "what does your low carb meal look like,"

It's like having a favorite episode of a cooking show, lol.

Welcome aboard!! Keto is a lot easier and less restrictive than a lot of non-ketoers make it out to be... In other forums, I see keto seems to be a little over dramatized with blanket statements--like keto being no veggies or fruits, which is totally not true.

I love keto woe, and now, see it as a permanent life change!! It's an exciting change!