August Challenge

Options
WifiresGettingFit
WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
edited August 2019 in Social Groups
Just going to put this up in case anyone wants to participate. The spreadsheet will be ready shortly.
EDIT: The spreadsheet is ready.

My goal is to start my walking challenge back up and drink more water.

If you have any goals/thoughts that you want to share, feel free to do so here!

Replies

• pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hopefully using the spreadsheet will help me figure out how many calories I should be targeting. I thought I might have gone a little low earlier this week because I felt so depleted but Atlas is in his 4 month sorry regression so too many variables to know for sure.

My weight goal is to lose 3 lbs which should get me close to my pre-pregnancy weight again, even though I’ve already been at that weight since Atlas was born. Can’t believe how hungry breastfeeding has made me!!

Other goals: track 6 days a week, exercise twice a week

Hope it’s ok for me to hang out here! We do plan on another but not for a while!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @pezhed of course it's okay! Glad to have you here :)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I am hoping I am ready to start losing weight now that Brooke is on solids and I started pumping to keep my milk supply up. So here is hoping that from now till January I can lose 6 to 11 lbs!

I hope to use our elliptical more and actually log. I am going to keep it simple at that though.

@pezhed im fine with you being here given I am also here and in the same boat lol. We are also starting to think about if we want one more or not (even though i was soooo done during my last pregnancy - but man babies are great). Also not looking to start trying till feb or later next year. Probably later because Im not back to work till July 2020 and would ideally like to be back for 4.28 to 6 months. Did you give the losing weigh postpartum link a read on the main page of this group? It has a lot of good info and might help you know where to start on a calorie goal.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Hows it going for everyone? Im seeing some success though also a bit less milk.
  • pezhed
    Options
    Not great here. I’ve done a good job tracking but a bad job reducing. I’m a little discouraged because I was pretty good yesterday and weighed 1.4 lb more today than yesterday morning. I know weight loss isn’t linear but I was optimistic until I stepped on the scale. Probably time to go back to weighing once per week. Otherwise I’m meeting my goal of tracking 6 days a week and working out at least twice.

@VeryKatie how can you tell so quickly if your milk is affected? Do you pump?
  • pezhed
    Options
    @VeryKatie oh yeah I did look at the post you’d linked! Thanks for that. I’ve set my goal at 1840 but am not doing well eating within it so far. Really glad we have the spreadsheet to see what we’re actually consuming though!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @pezhed basically my boobs go flat, my baby goes fussy and I don't get anything when I pump. Usually i pump 6 oz a day at 11 pm. Now its more like 3 or 4. Turns out one low day was when i missed a dose of my lactation meds. Oops.
  • pezhed
    Options
    @VeryKatie ohh shoot, well at least it wasn’t your calorie deficit that caused it!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @pezhed well the deficit is reducing my pumping output from 6 oz down to 4. But thats ok. She never eats it anyway lol. Its just im trying to get an oversupply in order to wean off the pills. Though now I know 4 oz extra isnt enough of an oversupply to do that.
  • pezhed
    Options
    @VeryKatie ohh I’m sorry, that sucks.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Haven't started my walking challenge back up though I am making a point to meet/exceed my step goal everyday but that wasn't really the challenge I was talking about but I'll still count it haha and still working on getting more water in. I did manage the 8 glasses today so I guess I'm heading in the right direction. =P
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Hows everything going for everyone? I'm over thr hunger hump mostly for eating at a deficit. So yay maybe I will stick to it a little better. My bust and tummy (at its biggest point) are the same circumference right now (took measurements even though I rarely do that) so I'm feeling motivated lol. I've added in a meal for Brooke and a pumping session for me so she seems to be more satisfied foodwise and I am keeping my supply up as she gets accustommed to more food.

I'm also in that Post Partum Pack group but I am the ONLY ONE there at all! Its crazy. I really need this group or else I have no support on mfp. Luckily my husband is currently trying to drop a few pounds so we are helping each other not snack in the evenings.

I'm tempted to start doing ab exercises to whip my muscles back into shape (though to say they were ever in shape is a stretch). But I haaaaaattteeee ab exercises. Hate. Hate. Is there any way to make them fun? Jillian Michaels is not the answer! And my weights are not set up and are unlikely to be set up again until next summer.
  • pezhed
    Options
    @VeryKatie I joined the postpartum pack but it’s soo quiet there. I vastly prefer it here even though it’s a little on the quiet side.

I’ve completely fallen off the weight-loss wagon for the past almost week. I went way over one day, didn’t track the next, and it’s just been a downward spiral from there. It’s the worst on days I’m tired because I’m just trying to use carbs to feel less crappy after being up all night. I don’t know if I’m going to be able to lose weight any time soon. I’ve also been having 1-2 alcoholic drinks per night which is pointless and a huge waste of calories. I need to keep more sparkling water on hand because I really just want something with flavor after drinking endless water all day.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Ok I managed to gain 2 lbs this month after letting myself get derailed.

As such here is the link for the old SUPER CHALLENGE! Burn as many extra calories between now and the start of September as you can. Try to increase how much you do on average each month!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RJF7pPZjGkMZXSX81X1qNnQminHIOT1byLovfgoCb-4/edit?usp=drivesdk

@pezhed I am also struggling! Brooke woke up 3 times last night and eventually I had to bring her to my bed to get her to sleep. Teething sucks. And we are so tuckered out from our travels for my brother's wedding still. And even when eating 1900 a day I can tell my milk gets lower. Plus I am running out of energy for pumping which isnt helping my supply. Urrgg so frustrating. Sometimes I feel like I should just wait till Brooke is weaned but I have nothing to wear and I feel icky.
  • pezhed
    Options
    Didn’t meet any of my goals but made progress

Pounds lost: 2/3
    Weeks exercised 2 or more times: 3/4
    Weeks tracked 6 or more days: 2/4

Trying to get back on track. Kris and I both decided not to drink at all during the week this week and it definitely helps if we both do it. Also our gym has childcare that I have used a couple of times. The only problem is that you have to schedule in advance and Atlas is 100% unpredictable. Anyway I am excited for September and cooler weather!

@VeryKatie the multiple wake up nights are the worst. Atlas woke up twice and the second time took an hour to get back down. If he had stirred a 3rd time I would have brought him into bed. I hate pumping so much. I only do it sporadically, especially because Atlas has decided not to take a bottle anyway. I may try to do it more regularly if I can get him back on the bottle. I’ve thought about waiting until Atlas is weaned, too, but I want to feel better about myself sooner than that.

Yay mini challenge! Atlas and I went for a 4-mile walk today to kick things off.
This discussion has been closed.