Intermittent fasting

starfish235
starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
I have worked for 17 years counting my calories. I am 62 years old. The picture is from5 years ago.

If I don’t count I gain 5 pounds in 2 months. I am 5”2’ 112 pounds finally. I struggle to keep my waist to 30 inches which is the healthy measurement for my height. I gain in my middle first. Recently I have been doing the12-8 fasting and some days 13-7. I have been actually not going up in weight and have finally gotten down 2-3 pounds in a week. That is why I can say I am 112 pounds.

Replies

• l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    12-8 and 13-7? You have 20h days?
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    IF is great if that's your preferred WOE. However, in order to lose weight you have to eat in a calorie deficit. What particular hours (and apparently, on which particular planet, given that yours observes 20-hour days?) are completely irrelevant.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Good for you starfish235! I do OMAD and 16:8 depending on whether I'm hungrier or less so. There is actually an IF group here on MFP since not everyone feels it's healthy or useful. (see above) - just do a search - you can always ask to join this one, it's been going since 2011: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting
  • starfish235
    Sorry I said the numbers wrong...
    16-8 and 17-7. I am sorry that I used wrong numbers. It made a big difference to me and I feel very excited about this because I have been struggling so very much for so long.
  • l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    edited August 2019
    Sorry I said the numbers wrong...
    16-8 and 17-7. I am sorry that I used wrong numbers. It made a big difference to me and I feel very excited about this because I have been struggling so very much for so long.

I think IF has many very good benefits (I do 16:8 mostly, with sometimes 18:6, and once in a while I do 36h), but I do agree that the fasting itself won't make you lose weight by itself if it isn't paired with a calorie deficit. However, for me, it does make me less hungry and makes it easier for me to stay within kcal budget! I don't think I'll ever go back to a "normal" eating pattern. Good that you found something that works for you!

• starfish235
    Cana I am looking for the IF group. I clicked on the address and got there. After they except me in the group where would I go to find it in future.
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    @starfish235 you find it exactly like how you enter this Not-that-heavy-girls group. Starting from the main home page, click on the Community tab where all the message board from the Main Forums are. Scroll down to the bottom and you will find a section labelled "My Groups": all groups you are a member of will show here.