My brain trying to derail me.....day 2.

Options
So....I bought a book, Habitnest's "The weightlifting gym buddy journal" Probably geered more toward men....but I don't care. I have tried to lift before and have never made it out of the little circle of resistance band machines that my club has. Well this book has me using free weights. Tons of instructions and tips and information so I feel safe....I understand the importance of form etc. However....it does make me leave the old lady circle of love (that's what I call the resistance band machines) and wander over to the scary part of the weight lifting area where the kids and fit people are doing there thing....can you say "fish out of water"? Anyway....I am doing it....following my book... and then I start to notice other people exercises .... and I start to think "maybe that's a better way to work my bicep" " what if the guys who wrote this book are idiots". etc etc etc ..... My brain and my thoughts!!! I have already realized that my thinking is a huge part of my nutrition and food battle....but apparently it's part of the fitness battle as well! Onward!