How should you feel on keto

GlynIrish
GlynIrish Posts: 84 Member
edited August 2019 in Social Groups
Hi today is my 6th day down on keto I have done low carb last year and lost 60lbs now want to try keto to lose the last 20 after maintaining for a few months
Any tips or recipes would be hugely appreciated
How do I know if I am ketosis

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    What was your carb intake as low carb?

There's always the keto urine strips; they even sell them at Wal-Mart in the US for $6.00.

I don't use them, but I did on my 5th day of eating keto.

At first keto feels weird, then energy out the ***.

But may be different already being low carb.
  • zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    I think how you feel/non-testing “symptoms” of being in ketosis varies from person to person. For me, my saliva is extremely sweet, I’m not sneezing/swollen/red eyes all the time from seasonal allergies (of which I have something year-round), and I’m not falling asleep at my desk at 2:00pm. And I’m not taking Tylenol/ibuprofen multiple times a day to avoid aches (and have that not provide relief for more than 1.5-2 hours)

As @Emmapatterson1729 said, though, you may have already been experiencing some of the impact. Or done some healing and changes will not be as dramatic as switching cold turkey
  • GlynIrish
    GlynIrish Posts: 84 Member
    Thanks for the replys today is day 15 keto I went through the no energy for a few days last week but other than that I feel good now
    Must admit my appetite is gone out the window I have to force myself to eat
    And I don't know if it is connected or not but my teeth have become very sensitive I read it can happen on keto
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Thanks for the replys today is day 15 keto I went through the no energy for a few days last week but other than that I feel good now
    Must admit my appetite is gone out the window I have to force myself to eat
    And I don't know if it is connected or not but my teeth have become very sensitive I read it can happen on keto

That's why I add olive oil and cheeses to every thing I cook... Just to bump up the calories!

I wouldn't know about the sensitive teeth... Mine have been over sensitive my entire life... Never could bite a popsicle or ice...

But I know when we started keto, we were concerned with vitamin c levels and scurvy.... But I started adding mixed bell peppers, which shoots my vitamin c over daily recommended value.
  • EelkoDoesKeto
    EelkoDoesKeto Posts: 72 Member
    I don't know if it is connected or not but my teeth have become very sensitive I read it can happen on keto
    My teeth were fine, but about a week in my skin was super sensitive for a few days.... really weird feeling, it passed after about 4 days...