Options

Replies

• tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Bummer. I broke it.
    I'll try again later.

I can't get pics from Flickr to show up here. Is there something different you have to do?
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Flickr is a real PITA to get photos from.

But, here's what you have to do (playing from memory because I can't get on Flickr on here):

Open the image you want to view. Somewhere there's a link that lets you "view all sizes" or something. It will then bring you to an html page, as opposed to a flash page. At the top will be a complete list of every size you can view

1920x1080 for example

Click on the size you want, right click on the image and select "copy image URL"

Then, you can use that URL to post the image on the forums.

I personally just upload the images directly to the post by dragging them from my computer into the text box. I make sure they're the correct size first.
  • tonybalony01
    edited May 2015
    Options
    17529086061_3e32093207_c.jpg

That seems to have worked. Thanks, @chivalryder

Got my old school ride out this past weekend for some nice singletrack action.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    wkv2pp62j7rx.jpg
    Lately saving turtles....
  • Bikerchickmomma
    Bikerchickmomma Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Nice pics. My favorite is the "Giant" in Perth. I have 2 Giants myself. Love those bikes.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    follow me on facebook and instagram @brooklyntridad and i managed to hit 40mph!!

11128056_361766874014058_5135939701286061968_n.jpg?oh=ee4804ae9d6022bcdce523ea760dc0a7&oe=55D053DF
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    That looks like an AWESOME stretch of road!
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    wkv2pp62j7rx.jpg

I've done that a few times! I ran over a huge snake that was across the entire length of the road once (I didn't see it until it was too late).
  • allaboutthecake
    Options
    wkv2pp62j7rx.jpg

I've done that a few times! I ran over a huge snake that was across the entire length of the road once (I didn't see it until it was too late).

UGH! omg i think i'd just die right then & there! I know def would ride an extra 10mi just to avoid that same stretch on way back!

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Here's a sad picture - only got about a mile from home before a car driver thought they would run the crossroads and plough into me.
    Think my beloved Roubaix is beyond repair but maybe it might be brought back to life with a complete new frameset.
    Good reminder to wear a cycle helmet though - significant damage to the helmet but not to my head. Luckily I got away with just bumps, grazes, bruises and a couple of sprained wrists. Lucky escape really.

wfqgfvltj5nm.jpg
  • chivalryder
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Here's a sad picture - only got about a mile from home before a car driver thought they would run the crossroads and plough into me.
    Think my beloved Roubaix is beyond repair but maybe it might be brought back to life with a complete new frameset.
    Good reminder to wear a cycle helmet though - significant damage to the helmet but not to my head. Luckily I got away with just bumps, grazes, bruises and a couple of sprained wrists. Lucky escape really.

wfqgfvltj5nm.jpg

Holy serious *kitten* man. Glad you're ok! Screw the bike. You managed to walk away.

The drivers insurance should cover the cost of a new bike.
  • chivalryder
    Options
    follow me on facebook and instagram @brooklyntridad and i managed to hit 40mph!!

11128056_361766874014058_5135939701286061968_n.jpg?oh=ee4804ae9d6022bcdce523ea760dc0a7&oe=55D053DF

YOU'RE BREAKING THE SPEED LIMIT!!! Where are the cops! Give this man a ticket!!

:tongue:

I once hit 44mph on a downhill...

On a bike from the 70's...

With the original, smooth steel wheels...

With no knowledge that there was a tight chicane at the bottom, followed immediately by loose gravel.

To this day I still don't know how I got around without ending up with my *kitten* on the ground.

I have a photo of the cycle computer, but not on me right now.
  • allaboutthecake
    Options

wfqgfvltj5nm.jpg

I hope you are feeling better from being run over. I hope you went in to E.R. & had them check you out for concussion, too. Especially since your helmet was banged up enough, think of your brain being rattled around. Did the driver stop? I hope so.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    @allaboutthecake

Recovering well thanks, medics are happy I'm no more damaged than I was before the accident! :smiley:

Strapped wrists up and took my Boardman hybrid out today for 69 miles in beautiful weather. Too nice not to ride today but I'm jumpy as hell at junctions!

Driver has done the decent thing and admitted liability so just got to do a bit of negotiating. S-Works frameset is very tempting......
  • tonybalony01
    Options
    S-Works frameset is very tempting......

Glad you're ok.
    If you can get the money for the S-Works, go for it. I've got a few friends that ride them, and they say it's worth it.

• allaboutthecake
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @allaboutthecake

Recovering well thanks, medics are happy I'm no more damaged than I was before the accident! :smiley:

Strapped wrists up and took my Boardman hybrid out today for 69 miles in beautiful weather. Too nice not to ride today but I'm jumpy as hell at junctions!

Driver has done the decent thing and admitted liability so just got to do a bit of negotiating. S-Works frameset is very tempting......

Glad you're not more banged up. I know all about the jumpiness around traffic. Try slapping a GoPro on your helmet, sometimes that video presence is just enough too make a driver double-take enough to stay away. (I have one, plus a Fly6 on the seatpost/rear).

• cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Great pic ^^ !
  • jchubb86
    jchubb86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I've been really slacking on packing in the miles on the roads recently....finally got myself out, though. Headed for the county airport to watch some planes land and take off (nothing is more cool then low flying aircraft right over your head!).
    10c2vyk9l0vg.jpg
    4sbxkzve0oya.jpg
    7dcp8gagm44t.jpg

After all the floods down here in Texas it was nice to have a sunny day. This entire road was washed out and not passable a few days ago...now there are dead earth worms everywhere. Rest their little souls.