Newbie to group/my fitness pal

Options
Reaching out for help with eating clean better than I am now. Willing to try new ideas, receipts, challenges on getting the weight off and maintaining good health. Physically challenge as far as mobility. A fall risk due to a stroke. Prefer sitting exercising and a little standing. Thank you.

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I sit exercise sometimes, using old cans of foods as hand weights (about 1 lb each) and do high rep arm exercises and stretches while watching tv.

The first step I took for eating clean was avoiding corn syrup (listed/hidden in foods under about 10 different names).
    Started dropping weight.

Then I cut soy (except organic fermented). Continued dropping weight.

Then started looking for that little lable that says non GMO project verified. And buying as much organic as I could afford.
    Dropped significant amount of weight.

These steps led to pretty clean eating.

• Satisfiedwithbetter
    Satisfiedwithbetter Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Losing weight and keeping it off is 99% mental and 1% physical. No matter what you do, make sure the following list is part of it.... 1. Make a realistic and sustainable plan. 2. Make constant small improvements to your plan. Always Failing Forward quickly. 3. Be 100% committed to your plan. 100% commitment is the willingness to be uncomfortable and overcome all obstacles between you and your goals. 4. Be patient, enjoy the journey, here and now, and be present in each and every moment. 5. Love yourself and treat yourself with kindness and understanding. Negative, counterproductive thoughts have no place in your journey. Only positive, or heartfelt constructive criticisms. 6. Visualize daily who you are 5-10 years from now, think about all the things you have accomplished as your future self, and take massive actions today in alignment with becoming that future you.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Clean eating to me it to keep it SIMPLE.
    Shop whole foods, not processed. That's it! Once you get what you need, process it yourself. You will know exactly what goes in your mouth. Buy what's in season (cheaper!) look for fresh or frozen (preferably organic if you can afford) and you're good to go. Don't over think!! ;)