simplicity

Options
I have been bobbing up and down on the weight scale since my heart surgery. I am limited to 1500 mg of sodium, per day and am not allowed to eat sugar because of type 2 diabetes which I take metformin and glipizide for. I also have BPH and gout. I am limited to four ounces of meat per day. I decided that it was very difficult to meet my goals by microplanning my diet. I decided to simplify my menu to incorporate what I call the three S's. No salt, No sugar, No snacks. The first two are the most important and I decided to eat meat only once per day at dinner with the exception of eggs for breakfast on two days of the week. I seem to have succeeded in slowly reducing and am now in the area of twenty pounds reduced. My goal is to lose 30 pounds, so that I will have reduced ten percent of my body weight. I would then reassess my goals after reaching this point and strive for an additional 27 pounds i.e. ten percent. At 75 inches of height, my ideal weight would be below 220 pounds. I would appreciate constructive criticism to this article.

Replies

• davidwendell
    davidwendell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How's it going? I would also focus on what you eat, not only on what you will not eat, or how little you will eat. for example, commit to beginning every dinner with a salad. In fact, begin every meal with a vegetable!