What's on your mind today?

Options

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    hil331115 wrote: »
    Looking for suggestions for high protein low calorie low carb snack foods...anyone? Just as a side note, I'm allergic to all tree nuts, oats, soybeans and fresh fruit with skins (i.e apples, peaches, etc ) and I also have a stomach intolerance to eggs and bananas. I know...crazy!

Have you tried greek yogurt? delicious with honey or even a spoon of jam or some fruits also some people have it on top of cereal

Also cottage cheese, chicken and fish are all high protein with low cals

I usually have a cooked chicken in the fridge just for snacking

Hope these are of help :)

Great suggestions. Fat free cottage cheese is a staple for me. It's one of the cheapest sources of protein and I don't worry about bacteria the way I do with chicken or fish (I'm sensitive to bacteria) so I can take it with me places.

Protein shakes are another option. Quite often I will have just a half scoop. I usually have the whey protein type but if I'm having it two days in a row I change it up to one of the veggie ones: pumpkin seed, hemp, or pea protein.

Does your allergy to fresh fruit with skin include berries? I add berries (often from frozen, but fresh when I can) to both my cottage cheese (often with a few drops of stevia) and to my protein shakes. Helps me hit my fruit/veggies goals and ups the taste significantly. I'm not so sure I could have either of them plain.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,715 Member
    Options
    Logged and tracked all my food and stayed way under my calorie goal my exercise was my spin bike and playing catch with the dogs in the yard.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Chinkiri wrote: »
    I go on lots of walks when it's not so hot any more, between end of September and early June. It's a beautiful area. This little river is actually in the city itself.
    Thank you for sharing...always nice to see where other UAC members get their exercise.
  • hil331115
    hil331115 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    @Slimpossible007 @Ketch_22 @goldthistime thank you for the suggestions. The cottage cheese is definitely something to get used to. I've tried several different kinds and it's a tough sale...lol!
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,290 Member
    Options
    I usually mix the cottage cheese with other foods .. you could flake fish or pineapple through it or spread it on toast. Its very nommy on baked potato, it replaces the cheese for me, and I have it with coleslaw and egg mayo.

I only ever found one brand that I actually liked eating on its own and then they stopped making that brand ..
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Lovely pic! Most times I've been to Zurich it pelted down with rain, so all my photographs are grey, but it's still a handsome city - wouldn't say 'nice' or 'beautiful'. Lots of good restaurants too and lots of organic food ... Have a nice time!
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Beautiful pictures!!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Chinkiri wrote: »
    That's how my scales look to me lol!

Totally. When I step on them, they just string a random bunch of numbers together!
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    @w8goal4life BEAUTIFUL pictures! One of my favorite parts of Europe.
  • hil331115
    hil331115 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    @Breepa123 hope you were able to stick to your plan!
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    And, @Breepa123 , what happened?