September 24 Sign In

Options
13»

Replies

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @goldthistime You are a wonderful team member and generous in the gift of encouragement!! Thank you!
    Rick
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 I am sorry that you have had those setbacks. You are a winner and a champion!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,031 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 I am sorry that you have had those setbacks. You are a winner and a champion!

@RangerRickL
    Thank you ~ I very much appreciate your kindness.

I AM perplexed, as everything’s was going so well, but I know I’ll figure it out with my PT. I may have lost a battle, but I’m still planning to win the war.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,031 Member
    Options
    Sept 24
    Ex: 7 min (hurt ankle, shin splints. Grrr)
    Calories under!
    Tracked all

7 pass Days
    6- exercise
    1-not sure of calories

I’m really bummed out. My exercise had been going so well, but something through off my ankle. And shins. Now a twinge in lower back. (First time for shins & back for over a year or two.) seems like a GIANT step backwards after all this PT & exercise.

I keep reminding myself it will get better & Ill still have more of the strength gains than I think.

Food is good. Scale is creeping downwards. Very relieved to see that.

Sorry to read about your injuries and how they are bumming you out. I hope they are short lived, and that you can find work arounds when they ease up a little.

I started playing tennis and running in my early 40’s (I’m now 58) and as I got better at both I started getting injured. At first it was incredibly depressing. To the point where I’d comfort eat on occasion, or be too bummed to look for alternate activities. But as time went on I developed so many little injuries that I eventually accepted that this was my new normal and just switched activities as required.

Obviously I don’t wish that many injuries for you (although you’ve made a good start :lol:), but I hope you can get to the place where you shrug it off and switch activities sooner than I did.

Dear @goldthistime !
    Thank you for your encouragement & for sharing your experiences. Wise words indeed.

Perhaps the walking & Pilates I began with (before arm break & PT) WAS the best for me. It included stretching, balance work, strength, fast muscle activation, etc. And the walking soothes my soul.

I’m definitely going to take your advice.

Thank you!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    3x yes

8 no
    16 yes

1. May 22 yes 9 no/31
    2. June 22 yes 8 no/30
    3. July 23 yes 8 no/31
    4. August 22 yes 9 no