Replies

• Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Chinkiri wrote: »
    Exercise: Yes. An hour's walking in Paris
    Calories: Yes
    Kept track: Yes.

Can't beat an hour walking in Paris for exercise! :)
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    @debrakgoogins Is “rotational weight for distance” anything like discus? You did a number on that grass. Looks like me at a driving range :cry:

The techique is very similar except that I am throwing a 14 pound steel cylinder attached to a chain with a handle. You can google "Highland Games Weight for Distance" to see it in action. Of course, the videos you find will be the professional men who are throwing much bigger weights and waaaay farther than I am but it's cool to watch! Spencer Tyler is the God of heavy weight for distance.

If I went to the driving range, you would just see an imprint of my entire body where I face planted. The swing is completely different than Highland Games throwing and I just can't get the hang of it. When I do make contact with the ball, there is absolutely no telling what direction it is going to go in. No one is safe. Golf is not my sport.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    @debrakgoogins Is “rotational weight for distance” anything like discus? You did a number on that grass. Looks like me at a driving range :cry:

The techique is very similar except that I am throwing a 14 pound steel cylinder attached to a chain with a handle. You can google "Highland Games Weight for Distance" to see it in action. Of course, the videos you find will be the professional men who are throwing much bigger weights and waaaay farther than I am but it's cool to watch! Spencer Tyler is the God of heavy weight for distance.

If I went to the driving range, you would just see an imprint of my entire body where I face planted. The swing is completely different than Highland Games throwing and I just can't get the hang of it. When I do make contact with the ball, there is absolutely no telling what direction it is going to go in. No one is safe. Golf is not my sport.

VERY cool!
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    @goldthistime:
    @Chinkiri Paris!!! Je suis JEALOUS!
    It WAS work! But I'm lucky to live in Montpellier, southern France, and my work often takes me to lovely places. When it's Paris, I try and stay an extra day to take in some culture! Good for my mental state, which aids my physical fitness attempts!
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Chinkiri wrote: »
    It WAS work! But I'm lucky to live in Montpellier, southern France, and my work often takes me to lovely places. When it's Paris, I try and stay an extra day to take in some culture! Good for my mental state, which aids my physical fitness attempts!
    Would love some pics on the "What's on your mind today?" thread. Your exercise walks could be our "virtual travel" for those of us who are not in France. :)
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    VERY cool!

Thank you. It started with a "hey, we could to that" while my friend and I were sipping a few drams of whisky while watching the Highland Games last June. Neither one of us had ever thrown in track but it looked like fun. We practiced a few times with a local throws coach and gave it a go at exactly the same Highland Games this year. Turns out, I'm not terrible at it and it is a BLAST. What started out as one competition has turned into a hobby with me competing in five games so far this year and another coming up in October.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,827 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,337 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    9/5

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? No

Date: (9/5)
    Pass day
    9/1
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅ (Treadmill & Walk Pete)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅
    9/2
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅ Morning walking & Walking Pete
    9/3
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅ (Walks)
    9/4
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅ (Treadmill/walks)
    9/5
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? No

Date: (9/5)
    Pass day
  • Lilutz
    Lilutz Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Yes x3. Exercise was 20-minute calisthenics routine.
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3!
    Exercise was walking to and from my PT appointment for my shoulder.
  • lrsirius
    lrsirius Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes, 30 minutes elliptical
    Calories: Yes, under
    Tracking: Y