Back at it!

Options
cchild2
cchild2 Posts: 47 Member
OK, I'm going to try real Keto this time. Done LC, lazy Keto, and I cheat way too much (often from work stress).

Feel free to add me as friend! Any tips to stay keto? Prepare meals ahead of time and always have keto friendly snacks on hand (although my goal is to only eat 2 meals a day).

Replies

• booksnbrains
    booksnbrains Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I’ve been low carb for years, but got really lazy about it over time. Since I started back on keto a few months ago, I’ve felt much better and started losing some of the weight that I had gained back.

Meal prep and snacks are 100 % the way to do it. I prep a lunch, snack and dinner every day and have them planned out for the whole week. But... if work stress makes you eat, I’d suggest looking for other avenues when you’re stressed. I learned how to knit (it keeps my hands busy and not snacking), spend time on Pinterest, go for a walk, write in a journal, and play video games to deal with stress. It all helps me not reach for chocolate just because work was rough!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    For me the biggest trick is track everything 100% of the time...so, even those bad days get tracked, even the slip ups, everything.

I do much better in terms of meeting goal if I track in advance, but even tracking after the fact keeps me more on target than not tracking at all.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I find eating fairly clean keto pretty satisfying.

I've learned in my short time eating keto, it is a serious commitment. It's not a diet cheat days work with. I don't believe going back and forth in and out of a ketogenic state is beneficial (very counter productive).

I'm human and make mistakes, I try not to feel guilty if I do make a goof. (Like getting kicked out ketosis trying to weasle sugar-free products into diet that still caused insulin spike or used safflower oil that caused inflammation, or gave into craving and ate a piece of bread that kicked me out and wreaked havoc on my stomach).

I use these as my "live and learn" moments.

I suggest what you're doing, start tracking on here, open diary to friends, and get a good keto friends list going!!

These are the best tools for support and accountability!