Hair loss :(

Like many, one of my symptoms has been hair loss. I started on Liothyronine first off and things got much better, symptom wise, but my blood work did not. Switched to Armour about a month ago and I think I have gotten to a good dose- symtoms are back under control, complexion even cleared up, but... still shedding like crazy and it is starting to worry me. I know everyone is different and it will take some time for my body to level things out, but if you did have this symptom, how long did it take to slow down (if at all)?

Replies

• i have been on Armour for almost 6 months and my doctor has no idea what she is doing and i am only on 45 mg a day and thats because i raised my own dosage. I am also losing hair like crazy , well its not that chunks are falling out but i feel a huge difference in the thickness and the shedding is out of control. I feel your frustration and am alos looking for any advicce. i use to take biotin but stopped because i felt it made it worse.
  • Syriene
    Syriene Posts: 238
    Yeah, I'm the same...no chunks, but the difference is definitely noticible. I almost dread washing it cause I never know how much is going down the drain. The info sheet that came with the Rx mentions hair loss as a symptom for about 3 months or so, but I think a lot of it has to do with us raising our doses. It's probably another 3 months of being affected each time we increase. :(
    In the meantime, I picked up some Nioxin shampoo (it's supposed to help with thinning). I used it in the past and it helped (before I knew I had a thyroid problem). I noticed it does have biotin in it though. Someone else mentioned Mane and Tail as what helped her on another post.
    Maybe it's time to find another doctor. You shouldn't have to feel like you're on your own when it comes to finding a good dose.