Options

Replies

• heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    My cat passed today soI have 3 nos
    @cmhubbard92 I have no idea muy water or steps for today so please enter a 0 for both.

I am so sorry. Losing our pets is so hard.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,019 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 I have no idea muy water or steps for today so please enter a 0 for both.

@swauters I am so, so sorry for your loss 😞 that is so sad and unfortunately it happened so quickly 😞
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options

So sorry to hear this. They’re totally part of the family aren’t they.

• lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day. 159.8.
    Finally in the 150s (by a tiny bit)
    I’m off work now for 4 weeks and just at home this week. It’s some planned unpaid leave after a very difficult 18 months of understaffing and some awful events at work including being assaulted last month. I’m having a rest day today apart from some planning and minor housework. Forgotten what this feels like! With my time off I’d ideally like to get into the 140s though may need a bit longer than a month for that. I also have my 10k!

I’d be interested to know how people chose their target weights? I’ve adjusted mine several times now. I think 125lbs ago I just couldn’t imagine being this small (I weigh what I did age 11 now). So for me, I’m tiny. However my BMI is still in the overweight range and I love for the first time to break into that “normal” range.
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    9/22:
    Tracked: yes
    Under: barely
    Exercise: yes 40 minute walk
    Steps: 10,485
    Water: 40 oz.
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Mini-challenge
    Sun: yes/no/yes
    Mon: yes/yes/no
    Tue: yes/yes/yes
    Wed: yes/yes/yes
    Thu: no/yes/no
    Fri: no/no/no
    Sat: no/no/yes

Water
    Wed: 16 Thu: 12 Fri: 12 Sat: 3

Yesterday was Irish Weekend at the Jersey Shore. It’s the unofficial closing of the shore season and basically another St Paddy’s day. Work for a beer company and basically everything is free. And I handled it terribly. Only ate one meal, only had water when I woke up (unless you count Truly hard seltzer water) and barely slept.
    And i’ll know why when I cry about my weigh in on Friday

@erikNJ Sounds like a wonderful time and I can imagine it would have been difficult to control yourself. I do find it interesting that you had Truly when you work for a beer company?? Is there a connection there?

I’m sure with your hard work this week you can reverse any damage done and still have a great weigh-in on Friday - plenty of time.
  • pkg1998
    Options

@swauters I’m so sorry for your loss. Priority now is to take care of yourself and allow yourself to grieve over this loss. Lots of virtual hugs coming from the team. <3
  • pkg1998
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 Thank you so much for keeping up with the steps/water challenge. It’s interesting when I see it in spreadsheet form to see how my dedication changes from Monday to Friday. I knew it typically dropped at the end of the week, but this really shows me in a clear format.

And now looking at it I see you increased the water goal for this week :s . I really need to drink water on the weekends - it’s one of my many weekend changes that need to be made.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,019 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    @cmhubbard92 Thank you so much for keeping up with the steps/water challenge. It’s interesting when I see it in spreadsheet form to see how my dedication changes from Monday to Friday. I knew it typically dropped at the end of the week, but this really shows me in a clear format.

And now looking at it I see you increased the water goal for this week :s . I really need to drink water on the weekends - it’s one of my many weekend changes that need to be made.

@pkg1998 Yeah, it drops in the weekend for me too. I am *trying* to work on it, but I really just want to relax on the weekends! I hope that the new setup I did isn't too confusing, hopefully less complicated, and less switching between tabs!

I figured we will increase by 1c/week until we hit 8 cups a day.
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    2x yes

Sunday yes
    Monday no
    Tuesday yes
    Wednesday yes
    Thursday yes
    Friday yes
    Saturday no
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    3x yes

Sunday yes
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day. 159.8.
    Finally in the 150s (by a tiny bit)
    I’m off work now for 4 weeks and just at home this week. It’s some planned unpaid leave after a very difficult 18 months of understaffing and some awful events at work including being assaulted last month. I’m having a rest day today apart from some planning and minor housework. Forgotten what this feels like! With my time off I’d ideally like to get into the 140s though may need a bit longer than a month for that. I also have my 10k!

I’d be interested to know how people chose their target weights? I’ve adjusted mine several times now. I think 125lbs ago I just couldn’t imagine being this small (I weigh what I did age 11 now). So for me, I’m tiny. However my BMI is still in the overweight range and I love for the first time to break into that “normal” range.

My target weight right now is 150. I chose that because that was the weight I stayed at for years after pregnancy. While I still felt like I needed to be smaller, I was comfortable at that weight. Once I get back to 150 I will re-assess. I will probably want to try to get down to 130 which was my pre-pregnancy weight but I haven't been that small since I was 19. One goal at a time.
  • Ar_cervantes
    Ar_cervantes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ar_cervantes
    Previous week: 209.4
    Current week: 208.4
  • brandi_84
    Options

@swauters I am so sorry for your loss.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    @swauters : Oh no about the kitty!
    @MelsLeanDream : wow, your steps are impressive. Share your tips guru. and keep going!
    @cmhubbard92 : thanks for monitoring our step challenge. So should I just use the sheet that poses the ?'s, or is their a sheet that I miss. Sorry if this has already been addressed.

My this week's goals:
    1. Get off sugar in my cafe
    2. Keep exercising (yoga, hiking, weight lifting)
    3. Cook >eating out
    4. Limit inflammatory foods (dairy, sugar, and wheat for me)

Pre-tracked day, walking, and at for now

@ForLangston Your Goal # 4 is something I have had on my mind lately. I have been wondering if some foods I am eating are causing inflammation and I have been trying to figure out which foods they are. It has been difficult to eliminate foods that are know to cause inflammation as they have always been a staple in my diet.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    9/20/19
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Steps: 10,213
    Water: 86

Yesterday was a definitely interesting day! I drove my boyfriends car to the garage after work(small problem and needed recalls fixed). We have been talking about getting a bigger car(we both have sedans), and we ended up browsing and trading in my car for a newer, lower miles(only 30 and I was almost at 100k), SUV. It has perfect room for the doggies and everything we had wanted. With all the car browsing I was able to get my steps up, but the puppies weren't too happy that we were gone for so long!

I weigh in daily for my own personal benefit, and my weigh has been dropping a lot this week(extra activity, even better food choices, and drinking only water or iced tea 95% of the week.) This morning I hopped on to see a 1 in front of the number(199.4!), so I hope my food choices and activity remain smart over the next few days and I can have an even better loss come my official weigh in on Tuesday!

Fantastic scale victory! I know you have worked so hard and it has really showed.

That's awesome that you got a new vehicle. SUVs are a must for my family. There is more than enough room for people but just the right amount of room for the pups.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    So the idea of weighing on a daily basis has been brought up several times and I’m curious about what the team’s view is of it. I have done both - daily and weekly and I’m torn. This week I didn’t weigh daily and did a better job sticking to my plan, but I had only a small loss on Friday so I was disappointed (I think I had built up in my head that it would be bigger). On the other hand, on the weeks when I weigh in daily if I see an increase (which could be for a variety of reasons), I get frustrated and usually end up making poor choices during that day. So I guess for me just weighing once a week would be better because then there’s only a chance of one bad day because of the scale???

Sorry about the rambling, just trying to work on what I can do different this week.

I actually do better when I weigh once a month. I know is not really the option for this challenge. I have only started weighing in every week since/for TBBT. There are some days/weeks I have learned to avoid because I fluctuate due to water retention. My first weight loss journey I would make myself wait for a whole month to weigh and I would feel excited and encouraged because I would see a huge loss at once.But I definitely could not weigh myself every day without getting down on myself.
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    9/22 sun
    Mini challenge
    Tracked... yes
    Under... yes
    Exercise: 30 min walking - strolling campus waiting for the boys soccer game
    Water: 60 oz.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options

So so so sorry. I can’t even imagine the pain
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    So the idea of weighing on a daily basis has been brought up several times and I’m curious about what the team’s view is of it. I have done both - daily and weekly and I’m torn. This week I didn’t weigh daily and did a better job sticking to my plan, but I had only a small loss on Friday so I was disappointed (I think I had built up in my head that it would be bigger). On the other hand, on the weeks when I weigh in daily if I see an increase (which could be for a variety of reasons), I get frustrated and usually end up making poor choices during that day. So I guess for me just weighing once a week would be better because then there’s only a chance of one bad day because of the scale???

Sorry about the rambling, just trying to work on what I can do different this week.

I have done both. There have been times when I do weekly and really thought the scale would move and it didn't. It would really upset me when I put in the work. Then I decided to do daily - and watched my weight actually change daily as much as 3 to 5 pounds. thats when I knew that I was putting in the work and sometimes it was water weight - or muscle water retention or if it was really my indulgence or even salt from 2 or 3 days ago (for some reason it showed up like that sometimes) So while it was depressing to see it up and down over about a month it showed me a lot about what happens to my body. I can also tell now depending on the week of the month what my body may do. Sometimes now I do a weekly - or just various days in between and I don't let the number define me. While I know I could do better with my losses overall - that quick jump up and down was at least not foreign or depressing anymore.
This discussion has been closed.