Good news for once!

Options
concordancia
concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
I just got back from my doctor's appointment. She was thrilled with my weight loss and approved my decision to take myself off Metformin while she was on vacation a few months ago due to having regular FBG <100. She said that if my A1C was normal we could take the diagnosis off my records, I let her know that I prefer to think of it as managed with diet and exercise, especially since one meal will send my FBG over 100 for a few days. She agreed that managed with lifestyle seemed like a better marker for my record and told me to come back in six months. She even had them schedule it as a normal physical, rather than diabetes follow up.

On the downside, with my blood pressure under control, the blood did not want to go from my hand to the vials. It took forever and he had to wiggle it a bit and the best part of managing my diabetes will be avoiding blood draws!

For once, I am looking forward to seeing my blood test results, at least.

Replies

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    This is great news. My last three A1C's have all been in the normal range, but I am definitely of the "managed" school. If I went back to my former WOE, the numbers would be up again.
  • nrs101364
    nrs101364 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    That is indeed fantastic news. I have my first appointment since starting low carb in a few weeks and am looking for some number changes! Keep up the great work it inspires us!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Thanks, folks! It took me a year and a half to find my sweet spot. Ozempic actually seemed to make things worse last winter!
  • gemmetts
    gemmetts Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just got diagnosed. Dont know where to start
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    gemmetts wrote: »
    Just got diagnosed. Dont know where to start

My counsel would be to start tracking BG and logging food. Decide what your goals are. You might want to lose weight and get off meds. Read some posts to see what others have done.

It will take some work and some dedication, but others have been down this path.