Flexible dieting using macros

Options
Have you heard of flexible dieting, using the macros calculation? Has anyone tried it? What do you think? Any tips on how to use it easier, and how to incorporate that with Fitness Pal?

Replies

• nickc071
    nickc071 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been flexible dieting since 2017 and it works if you follow your macros plan. You can set set all kinds of goals using this plan. I am currently in a cut phase right now.

There is a calculation that you can use to figure out your macros. I have a coach at my gym that calculates my numbers for me depending on what my goals are.

I use My Fitness Pal to track all of my food and store recipes I have found. Keep in mind that a lot of the information in myfitnesspal is wrong. You can now correct that information if you see anything incorrect.

I have become more conscious of what I eat and also helped with my eating habits. It is a little frustrating at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy
  • dona101248
    dona101248 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started 2 weeks ago and I love it. I still have trouble eating all of my calories and balancing each meal but I am working on it. Do either of you take your alloted macros and divide it up into 4 or 5 meals? I do 3 meals and a snack.
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Satisfiedwithbetter Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Interesting! Finding any way that works for you, being committed to it, feeling great about them, and having enjoyable thoughts about how much more healthy and enjoyable the process can be is so important to permanently losing the excess weight.
  • tdtsullivan
    tdtsullivan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for 2 years and love it.
  • NiciC16
    NiciC16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting with a coach and macros and I am struggling to find my go to meals but I will get there!
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Options
    You will find what works. Make it realistic and sustainable, and victory will be yours!