Not getting ALL my macros

Options
Good Morning All, I have been intermittent fasting off and on for several months. I just recently decided to Intermittent fast 16:8 along with HFLC. My macros breakdown is 1699 calories; 140 g fat; 20 g carbs; and 91 g protein. I have breakfast, lunch, a mid-day snack, and dinner. My problem is that by the end of the day, I have used all my protein and carb macros, but still have some calories, and no less than 50-60 g of fat left over!!! So far, I have not been able to find any foods that are high fat that wouldn't push me over my protein macros for the day. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm going to try tweaking my foods and probably focus on trying to get the highest amount of fats (eggs? butter?) possible at least in my breakfast. I would appreciate some helpful suggestions! TIA!

Replies

• wpwarrior88
    wpwarrior88 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Good morning Fasting Friends, I just want to crow for a moment. 38 months ago I experience a life changing event that basically put me into limbo for almost 3 years, the last 3 months I have been rebalancing my life and finally Sunday felt back to balanced enough to begin fasting and working out again
    By incorporating two 38 hr fasts and using the Circadian Rhythm Fast on my refeeding days as well as trying to eat Keto, I have already dropped 8 pounds since Sunday! (Yes, I know that most of this is water.)
    I know I will not continue to lose at this rate, but I am very hopeful that I can get back to my optimum weight by Mid-January!
    In one day of fasting my energy level was fantastic! I have been more productive at work and home life. I have notice my focus is better. I entered ketosis Tuesday morning and it has continued to increase. I am curious to find out what today's food will do to my state of ketosis. I am hopeful that it won't completely knock me out. I have 38 carbs in the food I plan to eat today.
    Even though I have done a few fasts in the past 3 years, this is the first one that has felt so RIGHT!
    Fasting ROCKS!!!
  • wpwarrior88
    wpwarrior88 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @michellebvera2014 If I had fat and calories, I would look at add more healthy fats into your diet. Try making bulletproof coffee or put butter or coconut oil into your meals. LOL, I find I have a habit of going over on fat because it is so easy for me to work with.
  • michellebvera2014
    michellebvera2014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @wpwarrior88 - Good Morning! So much for immediate replies (LOL). The past four years have been full of ups and downs, nutrition-wise. However, for the past year or so, I have seen the benefit of adding healthy fats to my diet. For breakfast, I love eggs baked in avocado. It's very filling. I don't mind a bit of butter here and there, and I'll have to check out bulletproof coffee. Thanks!