Hey, I'm new here (UK)

Options
HedgeWychUK
HedgeWychUK Posts: 10 Member
Hi all

Back in 2013/14 I lost about 20 lbs through counting calories and serious exercise 5 days a week, but after changing jobs so I didn't have easy access to a gym, the weight crept back on, even though I was eating pretty healthily (according to guidelines).

I started keto a month ago after having done 16:8 IF since earlier this year. I've lost 5.8kg (about 13lbs?) as at my last weight in since starting the dirty keto lifestyle and feel so much better, that I'm pretty convinced it's the right way forward for me. I have PCOS, a bunch of low level autoimmune issues, gout and a family history of t2 diabetes and high cholesterol, so it seemed a natural choice.

SW: 78.9 kg
CW: 72.1 kg
GW: 59 kg (about 130 lbs)
Ht: 157 cm (5'2")

Having used mfp previously (and accidentally forgetting to cancel my premium account), I figured I'd use it for tracking, but was sad to see just how contentious keto is in the mfp community, so i was delighted to see this group!

Would love to have more keto buddies for inspiration and motivation. Especially any UK people for ideas on local hacks and snacks!

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I spend time daily trying to find new keto people in "getting started" and "introductions" and direct them to the groups!

It can get ugly out there!

Welcome to the group! I'm open for adds and keep my diary open to friends.

I had lost weight before just tracking on mfp and eating a well balanced, healthy diet. I got sick and started gaining weight, even though still eating healthy foods I'd maintained weight for ten years consuming.

Good luck on here!
  • nickynoonoo4
    nickynoonoo4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey I’m trying to work out how to ‘add’ people for a friendly little network 🙈