Kidney disease IGA Nephropathy

loanny1006
loanny1006 Posts: 1 Member
I was recently diagnosed with IGA Nephropathy and my doctor suggested a low sodium low protein diet but I am not really sure how to keep up with this meal plan! I would like to lose weight but I just got hip surgery so exercise is not an option at the moment! How do I start this special diet with a husband who loves meat and two young very picky eaters ? Any suggestions would be appreciated !

Replies

• michellenoel1
    michellenoel1 Posts: 12 Member
    I am so sorry you're dealing with this. I wonder if you could choose a single protein for your husband and kids to eat at the meal and then side dishes that all of you can eat? Do that most days and then maybe one or two days a week you can also have the meat, depending on what the doctor recommends. Another suggestion is to meet with a nutritionist. I'm sure there are some that are offering online sessions during the pandemic. Perhaps you could find one through your insurance company? If if not there then perhaps a recommendation from your doctor for one. They could definitely take your restrictions and help you plan meals that everyone would enjoy. I know this has to be very challenging for you I wish you the very best!