September 2019 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
WELCOME to all walkers!

The September Walk Challenge starts soon, so now is the time to be thinking about our new monthly challenge goals!

Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors, which for some of us may still feel like summer B) . For those who will be soon enjoying the onset of cooler weather, walking or hiking outdoors might very well be a pleasant alternative to the DVDs, especially for those who enjoy getting their miles or minutes outdoors, and have the opportunity to do so, as we move closer to the wonderful sights, scents, tastes... and of course the amazing colors, of Autumn.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that joining this walk challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
If you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p .

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this each month but I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.

We are always happy to see our long time faithful walking friends join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get some water... as we begin to walk into September 2019!

Walk... walk....walk

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Happy September!! Gosh, can it really be September already?
    August saw me track 110.98 miles. This month my Apple watch was nice enough to challenge me to 116.4 Miles.
    Challenge accepted. B)
    I hope everyone has a lovely Labor Day and if you're on the South East Coast of the US, I hope you stay safe from Hurricane Dorian.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I walked 162.43 miles for August. My goal for September is 150 miles.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    I walked 162.43 miles for August. My goal for September is 150 miles.

Fantastic job! Well over your goal for the month!
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    It certainly looks like a great start to our September Monthly Challenge!

My goal for September is to continue to be active in some way at least 5 days a week, while continuing to add in more Leslie miles as well as outdoor walks as tolerated. I will also include other things like yard and garden work to keep me moving, while allowing my knee to completely heal.

Happy Labor Day weekend 💟

September: Rest Day

:flowerforyou:

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    My goal for September, besides remaining upright :laugh: is to walk with Leslie at least 2 miles each day and end with a total of at least 3.5 -4 miles every day. I cannot be more specific because I am teaching a huge load this semester and will spend a ton of time on computer! However, I have developed a system from Move it Monday and the Building Healthy Habits group that has been working while I have been on computer preparing all these courses. I set a timer for 1 hour and when it goes off, I get up from the computer and do one of Leslie's 1 mile walks because most are about 15 minutes. Then I go back to computer and set the timer for another hour. On the weekends, I will try to do a longer walk, but it will all depend on how much I get done throughout the week. Email alone, when you have 177 students, is daunting and bless them, they never all email at once. The semester begins tomorrow, so September will look like something like this:

September Goal: 3.5 miles/day recorded on my Vivofit with at least 2 Leslie 15 minutes walks each day.

9/1-WAH-WAP 1 mile walk X 2=2.0 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked .5 miles=2.5 miles total
    9/2-WAP-Ultimate Collection 3 mile Advanced Walk=5.5 miles total

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Big hugs to all dealing with knee, ankle, foot, etc injuries and issues! We've all got our crosses to bear, but so proud of everyone for pushing forward with care!

I decided to set my goal at 165 miles (as long as my feet hold up :laugh: ) for the month plus some strength on a daily basis. I was out of town for a week in late August and didn't do any strength while away and I could tell a difference, so I'm back at it. I am starting to see a little more muscle definition in my arms and legs, so even though I don't really enjoy it, I'm making myself do it.

Sept 1: 8 miles ~ 5 Miles 5 Day Slim Down + 3 Fast Miles + 23 min HASfit legs & butt
    Sept 2: 5 miles ~ 3 Miles Walking for Weight Loss + all 3 Circuits of Tone Every Zone (2 miles)

13 out of 165 miles
  • AnnofB
    Options
    My goal is to keep on with the strength workouts 3 times a week.

9/1.... rest day
    9/2.... 28 minutes of light weights full body workout and 20 minutes of the 5 Day Slim Down

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, @zichab! Have a great semester! Love your timer idea.

I'm dealing a little lack of motivation this morning. I'm watching the clouds out my office window as a weather system slowly moves in today. Ir was raining this AM when I got up so my idea to walk outside didn't' workout and just wasn't feeling an indoor workout. :/ On the bright side, I scored a new client all on my own last week. :)
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I am getting back to working out after gaining a LOT of weight back. I will be using the elliptical at my gym as well as my Leslie Sansone workouts. I am setting my September goal as 50 miles.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    September Goal = 150 miles

9/1: 5.08
    9/2: 5.06

10.14 out of 150 miles
  • AnnofB
    Options
    zichab wrote: »
    My goal for September, besides remaining upright :laugh: is to walk with Leslie at least 2 miles each day and end with a total of at least 3.5 -4 miles every day. I cannot be more specific because I am teaching a huge load this semester and will spend a ton of time on computer! However, I have developed a system from Move it Monday and the Building Healthy Habits group that has been working while I have been on computer preparing all these courses. I set a timer for 1 hour and when it goes off, I get up from the computer and do one of Leslie's 1 mile walks because most are about 15 minutes. Then I go back to computer and set the timer for another hour. On the weekends, I will try to do a longer walk, but it will all depend on how much I get done throughout the week. Email alone, when you have 177 students, is daunting and bless them, they never all email at once. The semester begins tomorrow, so September will look like something like this:

September Goal: 3.5 miles/day recorded on my Vivofit with at least 2 Leslie 15 minutes walks each day.

9/1-WAH-WAP 1 mile walk X 2=2.0 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked .5 miles=2.5 miles total
    9/2-WAP-Ultimate Collection 3 mile Advanced Walk=5.5 miles total

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

Busy, busy, but you are making it work. Good on ya.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Deeder522 wrote: »
    Welcome back, @zichab! Have a great semester! Love your timer idea.

I'm dealing a little lack of motivation this morning. I'm watching the clouds out my office window as a weather system slowly moves in today. Ir was raining this AM when I got up so my idea to walk outside didn't' workout and just wasn't feeling an indoor workout. :/ On the bright side, I scored a new client all on my own last week. :)

Congrat's on the new client. :)
  • AnnofB
    Options
    I am getting back to working out after gaining a LOT of weight back. I will be using the elliptical at my gym as well as my Leslie Sansone workouts. I am setting my September goal as 50 miles.

You can do it! Glad you joined the challenge. :)
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @Deeder522, sorry that your outdoors walk didn't work out. Just wishing that you could've sent me the rain if you didn't want it. We are still looking at 100 degrees give or take, and no rain for the next several days as I see it. Congrats getting a new client!! Well done 😉.

@VeggieGirlforLife, good for you starting to see results from strength training. That is good inspiration for the any of us who struggle in that area. Nice goals for this month!

@zichab, it was good to read your post in August, as well as here in September. You take care of yourself! Sounds like you have a good plan for fitting miles into your work situation. You go girl 🏃‍♀️.

@AnnofB, You are doing so well with your commitment for including strength training into your week! Kudos to you for sure 💪👍.

@RisingAboveIt, you seem to have a good plan for getting back to working out again... and well thought out. We shall be cheering you on!!

@Americanbabydoll, awesome goal!! And you are out of the gate in a big way again 🏃‍♀️ !

My goal for September is to continue to be active in some way at least 5 days a week, while continuing to add in more Leslie miles as well as outdoor walks as tolerated. I will also include other things like yard and garden work to keep me moving, while allowing my knee to completely heal. OK, I'm gonna go out on the limb and start to add in weight workouts 😲👍💪😄.

September 1: Rest Day
    September 2: Decided it was going to be an easier day. Counted 60 minutes between grocery shopping and some working with the garden.
    September 3: 3 miles Slim & Sleek 'Pilates Inspired Walk. 15 minutes yard/ garden this morning.

🎵🎂🎈 Today is my Birthday 🎈🎂🎵 69 years young today. You all are my inspiration to continue on. Thank you!!

• VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    🙌 Happy Birthday @texasgardnr!!! 🎂🎁🎉🎈💛
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    Sept 3: 5 miles ~ 3 Miles Slim & Sleek + 2 Miles Woman's Walk + 23 min strength HASfit legs & butt

18 of 165 miles
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I need to get started walking. I have no idea how much I can do, so I’ll just start with trying to walk 1 mile a day to see how it goes. I have a Leslie Sansome that is a series of 10-minute walks. I’ll try that tomorrow.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @VeggieGirlforLife, thank you! For a little while we were exercise twins, both doing the '3 Miles Slim & Sleek' walk 😅. Then you also did two more awesome workouts on top of that! Well done indeed!!

• VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    Welcome @corinasue1143! That's a great idea to start with some 10 minute walks and work up to a mile.

@texasgardnr It's been a long time since I've walked the 3 Mile Slim & Sleek Walk and I enjoyed it! Funny that we would both use that one on the same day! :smile:
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    September Goal: 50 miles

9/1: 0
    9/2: 0
    9/3: 1

Total: 1/50