Steadfastness in Sept

Options
barbhat13
barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
Time for me to regroup!
last triathalon of the year and long bike trail event in one month.
1. back to logging 100%
2. swim, bike, and run weekly regardless of weather..use dreaded gym if needed ( in our rainy season)
3. use mindfulness pledge to get focused again.
4. goal 4lbs weight loss

Replies

• tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I've been logging everyday, but not always staying within the calorie goals. Kid was supposed to go to France on the 7th, but we've had delays with his student visa (and the fact that they have his passport!) Lots of emotional eating this week. Was already mourning his departure, but this has just drug it out even longer!

We made ourselves go out and do things the past few days, and that's helped lift the funk! Still don't have a departure date set, but we're coping better. (Mad is usually better than sad for me!)

On another note, kid2 got engaged! Planning a wedding for Sept 2020, so have lots to do for that. I was asked to help with the silk flowers, and got invited to go dress shopping this weekend!

So, September goals?

1. Increase my step average to 6500. Been consistent with 6000 the past two months.
    2. Just stay within calories.
    3. Eat more fruit and veggies to crowd out the starches!
    4. Stop drinking Diet Coke. I caved and bought some at home, and can't stay out of it. Only one can left...
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    A progress report!

1. Average step count is 6580! Had 5 days when I didn't even hit 6000, but have 5 over 8000!
    2. Still working on staying within calories. Planning meals to eat at home, and no more sad eating. Kid is NOT going to France this semester, but we're over the sad and frustrated and have moved to mad and planning for next semester!
    3. Kid asked for cantaloupe and I want grape tomatoes. Weird!
    4. No Diet Coke at home. Didn't even have a soda at lunch out yesterday, stayed with an unsweetened tea.

Updated my fitness profile, lost another pound. It took about two weeks (I'm set to a half pound loss) but I had so many days I went over calories. I know that increasing my activity has helped balance it out. If I can be active AND not over eat...

Reading a weird eBook called Never Binge Again. One of the tricks the author uses to defeat "The Pig" inside of himself is to create food rules. I immediately thought of two things, so I'm going to implement them.

First is no food/drink out of vending machines. This isn't to say I'll never eat a potato chip but the snacks I have in my drawer cost a fraction of what the vending snacks do, so that's a savings for my budget. Also, my snacks are a smaller portion, so not blowing extra calories just to finish the bag.

Second sounds funny, but the next cake I eat will be my son's wedding cake! Next September! We often have those mini cupcakes at work for someone's birthday, and I think, oh, it's so little, right? One mini cupcake is 90-110 calories and 13 carbs. As a diabetic, I'm better off just saying No, Thank You...
  • barbhat13
    barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    1. diet coke addiction. read article about neutrsweet causing retinal damage so working on decreasing amount
    2. totally out of control. have gained weight due to 2nd addiction Sugar!!
    3. lots of inflammatory joint pain i believe to my processed foods and sugars ( free donuts yesterday at Dads clubhouse was yesterday downfall)
    4. Today i start new!!