Vitamin, mineral & other supplements

Options
JoDavo66
JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
Hi- I am peri-menopausal & am taking some supplements as recommended by a GP. I am also on a prescribed dose of Vit D which means I can't just pop a general multi-vit&min tablet anymore.
I'm currently taking Vits A,C & E (plus prescription D) Bcomplex, Magnesium Zinc & Selenium. I also need Iron but it's giving me adverse gut problems. Also GLA in Starflower oil. Also soya milk, yoghurt & tofu in diet.
Any other recommendations please with reasoning

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Take the Iron with C to increase bioavailability...and if gut issues are a problem maybe try every other day so you can get some relief while still getting the extra iron?
  • beckyrpl
    beckyrpl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sorry, can't help you with this - I try to take as little as possible when it comes to supplements - I just try to eat right and exercise every day. I don't take HRT's. I don't eat meat, but I do eat a lot of beans, tofu, and dairy. I drink a LOT of water, and eat a lot of fruits and veggies.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    When I was peri I used evening primrose. It helped a ton with the ridiculously tender breasts. Otherwise, I take magnesium, calcium and D.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I also cut out a lot of stuff.
  • megan9567
    megan9567 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am taking DIM. It promotes proper hormone metabolism and helps improve estrogen/ progesterone equilibrium to steady the hot flashes and related symptoms.
    https://aliveandwellaustin.com/news/10-ways-to-reduce-menopause-symptoms/
  • mmi783
    mmi783 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Could an iron shot be an alternative ? I know my Aunt had to take them as the liquid was to hard on her stomach. I don't know about mineral absorption if it's not as good etc...