Down 121 pounds - now comes the HARD part!

Options
Biggest challenge now? Everyone telling me "Wow, you look great, you don't need to lose any weight!"...when I know I am still 80 pounds above "obese" for my height, age, and frame. At the same time, these will be the toughest pounds to lose.

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I avoid such comments by wearing shirts that look like tents now.

I did kind of wonder if someone would say something. About 15 pounds or so ago I lost another round in my face and I almost don't even recognize myself anymore. My face and chest look pretty thin (I think) and the rest of me is concealed mostly by the previously mentioned tent shirt.

I know the next phase of weight loss will present new challenges for me just like it will for you. They aren't quite here yet though so I figure I will worry about them when I need to adapt.

You still have a few pounds before you need to drop to 1.5lbs per week. I don't think that one will be the biggest shock though. I think when we drop to 1 pound per week it will be tougher sledding.
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    jim_pipkin wrote: »
    Biggest challenge now? Everyone telling me "Wow, you look great, you don't need to lose any weight!"...when I know I am still 80 pounds above "obese" for my height, age, and frame. At the same time, these will be the toughest pounds to lose.

@jim_pipkin What a great milestone to have achieved! Congratulations! Well done! How are you managing with people's (well-intentioned) comments?
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Congrats on losing!! What a milestone achievement! Good luck on the rest! :smiley: