Hello! Has anyone done Spartan?

Options
Im thinking about doing Spartan end April next year. Any tips and advice for training? My sister told me I will survive!😬 I watched videos and Im a little scared of the wall climb.

Replies

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Not Spartan but Warrior Dash a few years ago. I did it with bunch of girls and it was fun. We all helped each other.
  • superfood75
    superfood75 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Not Spartan but Warrior Dash a few years ago. I did it with bunch of girls and it was fun. We all helped each other.

Thanks! Did you you train for the Warrior Dash? I think I will give it a go and try crossfit for training.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    At the time I hadn't even ran 5k. I started running and strength training.
    I think injury is the most concern part of those events. The adrenaline helps you "DO" things you normally don't! But definitelyoaj0qil6uoco.jpg
    fun. I am glad I did it.
  • Artfreitas
    Artfreitas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have done the Spartan (Sprint distance) a couple of times and it is a ton of fun. Here are a couple of suggestions:

Find a group of friends to do it with. It's way more fun being out in the woods with people you know and like. You will all pull each other along at some point. It's also much easier getting over the walls if you have a team working together. Having a tall friend also helps getting over the walls.

Work on upper body strength (or learn to love burpees). There are a lot of obstacles that involve pulling yourself up or hanging from rings or lifting something. Having more upper body strength would have helped me more.

Learn to climb a rope the right way (hint: it's done with your legs not arms). It will save you from doing burpees plus when you shoot up the rope you will look like a rock star. This must be a skill taught in basic training because the people that made it look simple seemed like they were all in the army.

Have fun, don't worry about your time and don't take it too seriously. enjoy the journey
  • superfood75
    superfood75 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    @Artfreitas Thanks for the tip! How heavy is the the bucket? I googled the weight and its 75lbs?