It's Nearing That Time Of Year Again...

Options
The fall colors will soon be emerging and there's nothing I enjoy more than getting outside in it. Truly, reveling in the colors of fall make me feel so content.

I live in Bryant and, since I moved up here from Hot Springs, I have not found much motivation to go hiking and the like. In Hot Springs, I could hop on my bike, or just walk, to a trailhead and have a hoot of a time out in the wilderness. I don't find myself motivated in that way, anymore.

I have been to the Big Dam Bridge with my family, and it's nice. I noticed, while driving down to the parking area, that there is a trail head. I have never been to this trail. I need to get out there and I would enjoy any feedback from anyone who can give any insight to the wonders of the trail. I will, eventually, go and hike it myself. I promise to report it, as well.

We still travel to Hot Springs and the surrounding areas to take advantage of the trails and waterways. We don't kayak, hike, camp, bike the way we once did, though. My kiddos aren't outdoorsy and that, of course, poses a problem when it comes to doing anything outside that mean being hot, sweaty, or uncomfortable.

I swear my ramblings have a point.

I was wondering 1) If anyone had any advice on the abovementioned trail 2) If anyone had any advice on getting motivated to get outdoors when it's, at least, a 20 minute commute through horrendous traffic 3) If anyone has any suggestions as to where to go during the upcoming fall months.

The weather will be beautiful and perfect for getting stuck out in the woods. Share your plans.