Let's talk noodles!

Options
Ok people, give me your best noodle substitute. I will say I can be picky. I love my pasta and a fake needs to measure up really well. I've tried Pasta-Zero and I've given the cauliflower mac and cheese a good go but it is not the same. Help a girl out!

Replies

• itzcath
    itzcath Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Wally world carries a few low carb dry noodles in the gluten free section. They have edame and a black bean that are both low in sugar.
  • little_schmidt
    little_schmidt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    itzcath wrote: »
    Wally world carries a few low carb dry noodles in the gluten free section. They have edame and a black bean that are both low in sugar.

Thank you very much. That is a good start.
  • Romwriter57
    Romwriter57 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just use Zoodles or spaghetti squash. Both are quite tasty and work for holding a sauce.
  • Selendraco
    Selendraco Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Shirataki Noodles or Rice ‘Miracle’ Noodles you can get them in different sizes angel hair, spaghetti, ziti, fettuccine, rice, couscous, capellini, spinach, 2-4 total carbs
  • Selendraco
    Selendraco Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Also Heart of Palm "noodles" in a can linguine called Pastability.
  • bry8iyze
    bry8iyze Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just tried hearts of palm fetucini by Palmini. It's definitely passable! I tried it with a low carb alfredo with chicken but I think artichokes would cover the flavor a bit. Overall I am happy with the dish.
  • bry8iyze
    bry8iyze Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If you're not on Plant Paradox and avoiding lectins in plant foods, zucchini noodles and spag squash are good options.
  • frankiem1207
    frankiem1207 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Spagetti squash and zoo noodles are what i use. The shiritak noodles always have a smell i cant get past. I use Raeos spaghetti sauce also.
  • Thegle
    Thegle Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bry8iyze wrote: »
    I just tried hearts of palm fetucini by Palmini. It's definitely passable! I tried it with a low carb alfredo with chicken but I think artichokes would cover the flavor a bit. Overall I am happy with the dish.

Thanks for the info on Palmini I'm always on the lookout for a good noodle sub so I can give my beef bone broth something more.