River Mountain Park Trail

Options
Hello all!

Though I got not one reply regarding the trail I asked about, I thought I would share my findings, anyway,

I used Map My Walk app from the parking lot, beginning to end. Here is what I can share.

This 3.23 mile walk (round trip) is very rocky, with steep inclines/declines, crossing back and forth over a creek bed. There are lots of trip hazards, so you must be focused on your footing. The trail is meandering and narrow; keeping a small stick with you to knock down the spiders and spider webs wouldn't be a bad idea. The tree canopy prevents most of the direct sunlight from making it to the ground, which is a plus for midday hikers. It was still very muggy since there's no breeze to be had.

This trail is going to be amazing in the fall. The flora and fauna is a glorious blend that will change colors in a lovely pattern. I do suggest, again, being mindful of your footing. Once the leaves start dropping, it can be easier than ever to fall or twist an ankle. Ouch, ouch, ouch!

Seeing as how this was the first time I have walked this trail, I was alone, and I'm out of shape for hiking, I took it slow and easy. I walked for a nice 1 hour, 25 minutes. I did not cross paths with anyone. There are benches along the trail (not sure how far apart from each other they are) and 1 wooden bridge. I did not encounter any wildlife, save spiders, for those of you who have slight fears of such creatures.

The only advisement I have is be careful of the jutting rocks and roots and don't bother taking this trail after an excessive rain. Unless you wade, there will be no way to finish this trail due to the low spots where you cross over the creek bed.

Aside from that, it was an awesome time and I will definitely hike here again.

I went on September 14, 2019... I think mid-November will work.

I hope you all get out and share your stories! I'd love to hear about your experiences.