What is different this time from all your previous “Diets”?

Options
Differences for me this time around.....
1. Learning to love myself, the process, the food I eat, the thoughts I have, and the actions I take. I am learning to be patient, kind and understanding with myself like I would be with my best friend.
2. Learning to recognizing the difference between my PFC thoughts and my Habit Brain thoughts.
3. Learning and practicing failing forward and overcoming perfectionism and overwhelm.
4. I have developed a very strong compelling reason, and have answered some very powerful related questions and I review them daily.
5. I am using visualization daily, and always asking myself the question “what actions I took to accomplish my weight loss” from my future self.
6. I have developed affirmations that help me deal with difficulties I am having with habitual eating practices and certain types of foods and quantities.
7. I am practicing my awareness of my hunger and fullness, and am working on not buffering my feeling/emotions with food.
8. I am making a plan daily, and following it, including creating contingency plans for situations that are difficult to deal with.
9. I am 100% committed to myself, my plan and my goals. Commitment is the willingness to be uncomfortable and overcome all obstacles or options that stand between me and my goals.
10. I am journalling daily - - my thoughts, assessing my progress, trying new things, and modifying things if they don’t work or need improvement.

My Mantra - “I am now creating the life of my dreams in an easy and relaxed manner and in a healthy and positive way! This is an experiment, I have nothing to lose in achieving my goals and dreams!”

Replies

• Satisfiedwithbetter
    Satisfiedwithbetter Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    1. Despite common understanding, being fat does not have to be a death sentence. Learning to love yourself for who you are, here and now, is the most important thing you can do!
    2. Also, despite common understanding, you can eat the foods you love, or close, as part of your plan, as long as they don’t cause medical conditions such as allergic reactions, etc.. Make sure your plan meets these 3 things and you will be successful in achieving your leanest livable weight range. 1. Your plan has to be enjoyable! 2. Your plan has to be realistic. 3. Your plan has to be sustainable.
    3. Your thoughts are normal, you can have them and not act on them. You can also think new thoughts that make you feel better, that drive new actions, and create new results.