Living the Lifestyle - Wednesday September 25, 2019

GavinFlynn1
GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
We meet here to explore, share, celebrate and (sometimes) agonize over how we do (or don't) incorporate weight loss guidelines into our daily lives. "It's a lifestyle, not a diet" is easily and often said, but sometimes not so simply put into practice.

This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion. Thread starters for September are below:

Monday - imastar2 (Derrick)
Tuesday - 88olds (George)
Wednesday - gavinflynn1 (Gavin)
Thursday - misterhub (Greg)
Friday - Jimb376mfp (Jim)

Today’s topic: Using your assets

All too often, I focus on my struggles or my defects of character, and try to “fix” them in order to gain a healthy lifestyle. But I think there is wisdom on focusing on our strengths and assets, and looking to how we can use those in our journey of a healthy lifestyle.

What do you see as your strengths and assets that help you, or can help you in your own healthy lifestyle?

Replies

• gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Persistence and the fact that I enjoy exercise. I also don't mind eating pretty much the same stuff from day to day.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,526 Member
    Tenacity. I was stuck at around 215 lbs for a long time. But I didn’t give up and go back to 285. Nor did I quit wanting to get lower.
    Looking back, I was ignorant and confused as to what to do exactly. Easy place to find yourself in weight loss I guess.

• imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,202 Member
    Not quitting mentally is my biggest asset or strong suit at the present. Don't want to even want to gi negative in this post so the will to want to lose the weight is still nagging at me not just everyday but every meal. Striving to stay in the game is my biggest strength at this point. Looking for more strength and more assets as each day arrives.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,157 Member
    I feel like a ditto-guy for GadgetgirlIL. Persistence and I enjoy feeling better which only activity can bring.

Maybe in a strange way my impatience helps. I have little patience to make a sandwich (or half sandwich if you prefer) with condiments, lettuce and the like , but I am perfectly happy eating plain chicken breast between a piece of dry toasted bread cut in half . I certainly don't have the patience to fire up a car , drive to a "fast food" place, sit and wait in line.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,554 Member
    I have the ability to be persistent - even after repeated failures, I will try again.