MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES OCTOBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options

Calories I'm afraid I redded them yesterday. But, I get 2 sets of colours from Fitbit, and it says I have a slight deficit this week already at 82 calories, which is a green maintain. So not so bad.

A few red days over the weekend, but I still got a deficit in of 2323 calories for last week, and this explains why the weight is already dropping back. But we don't weigh every day, do we? No, we don't!

1. Time - I don't really feel I got any yesterday. If I did, I spent it feeling ill and sad. It's recovery stuff... I'm sure it will pass.
    2. Exercise - steps 8062. would have liked 10K, but just didn't feel well enough to exert myself.
    3. Hydration, just about. And it's haaaaard.
    4. Trigger food - the cheesecake mountain. But I'm nearly at the peak of it now.
    5. Yays - tried to look forward. Booked a hotel room for an event in February. Got tickets for a friend's show, who is doing so well for himself. I get to see another friend at his show too. It will be lovely.
  • fleetwood1
    fleetwood1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Weigh-In Day: Wednesday

Oct 23: 255.8
    Oct 30: 255.4
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 4
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight:204.0
    Todays Weight: 203.5

@broncobuddee, I am moving my weigh-in day to Friday in November. Thanks! :)
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    nbbaby wrote: »
    I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do or when. Lol
    I have a very bad memory so I'm going to put an alarm in my phone to remind me to weigh in days. But that's all I know I need to do so far.
    But its nice to meet you all.

@nbbaby, welcome to the team! We are so glad to have you. :) Setting an alarm on your phone to remind you to post your weigh-in day is a great idea. @broncobuddee will also post reminders if you forget. In addition to the weekly weigh-in that you will post, I want to encourage you to try to check in every day with a daily check-in post. We are here to support you and getting into the habit of daily posting will only help you get to know us better and most importantly help you reach your goals. :)
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    4fs2c9kmg0mb.png
    PLEASE WELCOME TO THE NOVEMBER CHALLENGE ON TEAM
    @Dawda01AND @walkerjulian78
    LET’S HELP IN GETTING THESE TEAMMATES GET SETTLED FOR THE NOVEMBER CHALLENGE
    THANKS GREG
    LISELYN WILL POST THEM ON THE NOVEMBER SPREADSHEET

Welcome @Dawda01 ! Welcome @walkerjulian78 ! We are delighted you have joined us!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 and @fleetwood1 - Great weigh-ins, both of you! Congratulations! 🎈

@Wishusdonna - Great job getting over 8K steps on a day when you did not feel well! You sounds like recovery is coming along - such great news! 😊😊😊

@nbbaby - You are doing just fine. Thanks for the introduction. The alarm on your phone sounds like a smart move! 📱😊👍🏽

@Katmary71 - What a great day! I particularly respect your strength in the face of the siren call from Starbucks. ☕💪🏽💪🏽👍🏽

@bethanie0825 - Great weigh-in! Congratulations! 🎈
    Excellent steps yesterday! Way to go! 👣🚶🏽😊

@TeresaW1020 - So happy we may be keeping the Steps Challenge. It is very motivating! Thank you for making this happen! 🥰

👣🤔💡 IDEA
    Someone mentioned not having a step counter. I think they also said they have a fitness gadget that measures distance covered every day instead. If this is you and if you want to be in on the Steps Challenge, you could convert to get a number to post using this website or something like it: http://www.kylesconverter.com/length/miles-to-steps
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Tuesday Check-in
    Calories: slightly under!
    Water: way over!
    Exercise: 72 min platform stepping

5 for 90 for Tuesday
    1. Make some time for myself ✔️ meditated
    2. Exercise 30 minutes a day ✔️
    3. Hydrate ✔️
    4. Martial Arts Kicks Practice ✔️😁
    5. Thankful ✔️ for my health, for parent friends at Boy Scouts, for the chance to try a cooking project today

Steps for 10/29- 11,045
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all our new members!!! We are so glad to have you join us!
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 10/30checkin
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 203.9
    Todays Weight:

Yesterday
    Calories: over/under? Under
    Water: over/under? Under
    Macro/micros : Sugar high (yes I craved with candy)
    Steps : 5435
    Exercise:

5 for 90:
    Meet step goal
    Stay hydrated
    Make self care a priority
    Meditate and or journal daily
    Encourage someone

I am so excited! I found a broccoli and “cheese” soup recipe that I will be actually able to eat since I can not have dairy any longer! And with the freezing and raining weather we are having, tonight will be a perfect night for it!
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    paqa6zo5jgys.jpg

OCTOBER STEP CHALLENGERS! The goal is to finish this month strong! I will be ending this challenge tomorrow, 10/31 so please make sure to keep giving me your steps so I can plug them into the spreadsheet. For those who haven't been consistently giving me your steps please post them so I can get them plugged into the spreadsheet. :)

NOVEMBER STEP CHALLENGE! I will assume that everyone who has been in the October step challenge will want to continue in November and will keep you on the list. If you don't want to be on the November step challenge then please let me know! NEW STEP CHALLENGE MEMBERS let me know you want to be included and I will get you on the list. We will begin the challenge on Sunday, November 3rd.

FORMAT FOR POSTING STEPS!
    Please, when you post your steps give me the date and step total and put it in BOLD type so my old eyes can find you. Thanks!! <3
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW(9/23): 197.6
    Today's weight (9/30): 198.6
    Checkin Weigh (10/8): 199.6
    Checkin Weight (10/14): 198.2
    Checkin Weight (10/21): 197.4
    checkin weight (10/29): 201.0
    GRRR... I try not to let fluctuations get to me but really. This is disheartening. Especially with the last one for the month. Well...pressing on. I will get over it I'm sure. But today, feeling deflated. :neutral:
  • leonadixon
    Options
    Steps
    10/25-4836
    10/26-6157
    10/27-4868
    10/28-5202
    10/29-4908
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited October 2019
    Options
    leonadixon wrote: »
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW(9/23): 197.6
    Today's weight (9/30): 198.6
    Checkin Weigh (10/8): 199.6
    Checkin Weight (10/14): 198.2
    Checkin Weight (10/21): 197.4
    checkin weight (10/29): 201.0
    GRRR... I try not to let fluctuations get to me but really. This is disheartening. Especially with the last one for the month. Well...pressing on. I will get over it I'm sure. But today, feeling deflated. :neutral:

Awww, hang in there, Leona! It's no fun when the numbers don't cooperate. The number one thing to do is to not quit, and I can hear you are totally there! Just keep working at it!

92zmr7jtbckc.gif
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    It's easy to get the hang of it. People post different challenges, you can commit to it or not, then post here your progress- I think anyway!

This team we're just finishing a step challenge where we tracked our steps for a month.

Some challenges are posted here, others are in the announcement area. You can take a look there to see some examples.

STEPS OCT 28-- 3169
    OCT 29 9234

5 FOR 90 - have fallen behind on this the last few days.

Calories- on track I think but I had to estimate some things so who knows. If my weight goes up this week I will live with it.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options

I share your same GRRR! I've been trying to get to Onderland for four months now and just can't seem to get myself over the roadblocks that I keep putting myself in front of. :s I don't know what my deal is but what can I do but continue pressing onward towards my goals. You just do the same too and we will get there. <3

• leonadixon
    Options

I share your same GRRR! I've been trying to get to Onderland for four months now and just can't seem to get myself over the roadblocks that I keep putting myself in front of. :s I don't know what my deal is but what can I do but continue pressing onward towards my goals. You just do the same too and we will get there. <3

I feel like I've been my own roadblock! I know there are SOME legitimate reasons that I can't seem to get out of this rut. But really the sheer determination is simply not presenting itself. I will really will keep pressing on with you though!
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    I feel like I've been my own roadblock! I know there are SOME legitimate reasons that I can't seem to get out of this rut. But really the sheer determination is simply not presenting itself. I will really will keep pressing on with you though!

Yes!! I understand totally and I really do think we need to support each other and use this group for the accountability that it's meant to be. I'm the first to admit that I don't do that well. Let's make this a November to remember....and celebrate! :) Ohhhh and what were your steps for 10/23? ;)

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    Wednesday Check-in:
    Calories: under (I need to get back to tracking my carbs!)
    Water: over
    Exercise: 30 minutes BOD video, 15-minute power walk on the treadmill, and a whole lot of housework.

Today, I spent a great deal of time trying on clothes in my closet and getting rid of a huge pile of stuff. Hubby is taking me shopping this weekend as part of our weekend getaway for some new winter clothes and maybe a pair of boots if I can find some I like. I'm excited!! B)

Steps for 10/29-12,479
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    steps oct 30 --14356

5 for 90

1. Time for me- just a few mins quiet time today.
    2. Water- I didn't track but I think I did ok.
    3. No fast food- was tempted to go to Harveys today but I skipped it. Will make my own burgers tomorrow.
    4. Ex- went for a run today though it was rainy. My running distance has really dropped but I'm just sticking with it.
    5. Grateful- for game 7 in the world series lol. GO NATS!
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hello, all!

James Clear writes about noticing your habits and building healthy habits, and his work has been extraordinarily useful to me.

I saw this, and thought people might find some useful nuggets in it. I know that I have worked and continue to work on building better habits around my health:
    Healthy Eating: The Beginner’s Guide on How to Eat Healthy and Stick to It (about behaviors, not diet!)
    Healthy eating. It's something everyone knows they should do, but few of us do as consistently as we would like. The purpose of this guide is to share practical strategies for how to eat healthy and break down the science of why we often fail to do so.

Oh, and this is a great article of his, too!
    How to Stay Focused When You Get Bored Working Toward Your Goals
    Fall in love with boredom. Fall in love with repetition and practice. Fall in love with the process of what you do and let the results take care of themselves.

If they don't call to you, no worries!
This discussion has been closed.