1232425262729»

Replies

• broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    mrmcgrath wrote: »
    What is the challenge section?

The challenge section is short for the name of the group - F2F Weight Loss Challenege and is the top part of each team tab in the spreadsheet. In short, it means that your weekly weigh-in counts towards the overall team loss or gain and is used in the tallies "against" the other teams.

The other section (Team Support aka "Cheer section") is for those who are currently maintaining or have reached goal or who are on a temporary break. Weigh-ins by people in that section don't count in the overall team loss or gain calculations each week.

Edit: Ugh! Reading is fundamental. Sorry @AustinRuadhain - didn't see you covered this already.
  • broncobuddee
    Options
    I'm going to hit everyone up with some reminders a few hours early in hopes in closing the month with great participation! Sorry if I missed your post in the team thread... I already failed reading once today...

Due:

@TrishasTime
    @renaegry
    @raleighgirl09
    @Kres567
    @mrmcgrath

Tomorrow:

@digger61
    @hinemoa2088
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options

Username: renaegry
    Weigh in: Week 5
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 155.4
    Today's Weight: 154.4
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Oct 24 8644
    Oct 25 6474
    Oct 26 7974
    Oct 27 6441
    Oct 28 6619
    Oct 29 9285
    Oct 30 13484
    Oct 31 13909
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Weigh in week: 5 (31Oct2019 - a day late)
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Weight: 199.7
    Current Weight 196.9
    Steps: 10/27 5,949, 10/28 15,015, 10/29 10.808, 10/30 3,151, 10/31 400 (400 yesterday - not a typo)

5 for 90:
    Make time for yourself: I love my walks!
    Exercise 30 minutes a day: if I hit the above, I hit this.... =>
    Hydrate: more than the usual of late
    Give up a trigger food / behavior: caving when I just want my mommy - a win!
    Thankful for: my sweet, sweet hubby who has been so kind and caring of me while I've been sick!

Remember the good
    , be the good, encourage others on their journey

@TeresaW1020 - I like steps because they just add up and it's been easy but it is becoming harder to do, at least for me, because of the shortening days. I've been thinking of adding something to it such as a step platform, inspired by @AustinRuadhain and then I'd be able to move it indoors and not rely so heavily on weather. This probably doesn't really answer the question, I've just been noodling on how to keep momentum in colder, shorter days.

Hydration is going to become even more important for me because part of what has kept me down was a kidney infection - don't try this at home, kids - it is decidedly, and most emphatically, not fun. So upping the liquids intake is on my list of self-improvements. => Taking it easy for several days; may take a walk tomorrow but a short one and maybe Sunday, although if I can get in some work/work on Sunday to preserve planned days off, I'll do that.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Steps

10/30 - 5546
    10/31 - 10478
  • broncobuddee
    Options
    The October challenge ends today and the November stuff is ready to roll. Please head over to the November team thread at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10770308/mission-slimpossibles-november-chat#latest and check out the November spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dAQ4mKN5l4brH3VLXVwgS3eIRw0vMYO3vBDmCd-37hA/edit#gid=2032789470
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    Digger61
    Saturday
    Week 5
    PW 220
    CW 220
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    paqa6zo5jgys.jpg

OCTOBER STEP CHALLENGERS! The goal is to finish this month strong! I will be ending this challenge tomorrow, 10/31 so please make sure to keep giving me your steps so I can plug them into the spreadsheet. For those who haven't been consistently giving me your steps please post them so I can get them plugged into the spreadsheet. :)

NOVEMBER STEP CHALLENGE! I will assume that everyone who has been in the October step challenge will want to continue in November and will keep you on the list. If you don't want to be on the November step challenge then please let me know! NEW STEP CHALLENGE MEMBERS let me know you want to be included and I will get you on the list. We will begin the challenge on Sunday, November 3rd.

FORMAT FOR POSTING STEPS!
    Please, when you post your steps give me the date and step total and put it in BOLD type so my old eyes can find you. Thanks!! <3

I’m in for November!
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I'm going to hit everyone up with some reminders a few hours early in hopes in closing the month with great participation! Sorry if I missed your post in the team thread... I already failed reading once today...

Due:

@TrishasTime
    @renaegry
    @raleighgirl09
    @Kres567
    @mrmcgrath

Tomorrow:

@digger61
    @hinemoa2088

My weight stayed the same @broncobuddee
  • hinemoa2088
    hinemoa2088 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    hinemoa2088
    Weigh in day Saturday
    I'm a little lost if this is Oct week 5 or Nov week 1
    PW 160.5
    CW 161.5

• broncobuddee
    Options
    hinemoa2088
    Weigh in day Saturday
    I'm a little lost if this is Oct week 5 or Nov week 1
    PW 160.5
    CW 161.5

Yep, often a source of confusion. Technically it is week five of October, at least for a few more hours, since F2F months always start on a Sunday. But this weigh-in is also your starting weight for November - so there are lots of ways to slice and dice it.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hello, all!

James Clear writes about noticing your habits and building healthy habits, and his work has been extraordinarily useful to me.

I saw this, and thought people might find some useful nuggets in it. I know that I have worked and continue to work on building better habits around my health:
    Healthy Eating: The Beginner’s Guide on How to Eat Healthy and Stick to It (about behaviors, not diet!)
    Healthy eating. It's something everyone knows they should do, but few of us do as consistently as we would like. The purpose of this guide is to share practical strategies for how to eat healthy and break down the science of why we often fail to do so.

Oh, and this is a great article of his, too!
    How to Stay Focused When You Get Bored Working Toward Your Goals
    Fall in love with boredom. Fall in love with repetition and practice. Fall in love with the process of what you do and let the results take care of themselves.

If they don't call to you, no worries!

@AustinRuadhain I went out to read these, really great articles - and found another one of his that was so. On. Point. Weight loss, creativity, hobby, profession - life in general, it fits.
    https://jamesclear.com/professionals-and-amateurs?fbclid=IwAR1U8Gad0RUr1A75R44zTsPcm4ArdIxLukWiIc0hheuins-4KXveFIJC-wg
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hello, all!
    James Clear writes about noticing your habits and building healthy habits, and his work has been extraordinarily useful to me.

I saw this, and thought people might find some useful nuggets in it. I know that I have worked and continue to work on building better habits around my health:
    Healthy Eating: The Beginner’s Guide on How to Eat Healthy and Stick to It (about behaviors, not diet!)
    Healthy eating. It's something everyone knows they should do, but few of us do as consistently as we would like. The purpose of this guide is to share practical strategies for how to eat healthy and break down the science of why we often fail to do so.

Oh, and this is a great article of his, too!
    How to Stay Focused When You Get Bored Working Toward Your Goals
    Fall in love with boredom. Fall in love with repetition and practice. Fall in love with the process of what you do and let the results take care of themselves.

If they don't call to you, no worries!

@AustinRuadhain I went out to read these, really great articles - and found another one of his that was so. On. Point. Weight loss, creativity, hobby, profession - life in general, it fits.
    https://jamesclear.com/professionals-and-amateurs?fbclid=IwAR1U8Gad0RUr1A75R44zTsPcm4ArdIxLukWiIc0hheuins-4KXveFIJC-wg

@raleighgirl09 - Yes. This is indeed excellent! He describes something so clearly (not original to him, but stated very clearly) that is my single favorite piece of coaching relating to weight loss and fitness. Acting on this and reminding myself of this and reviewing what I am up to based on this -- hugest difference.

2. Set a schedule for your actions.

Once you know what you want, set a schedule for actually doing it.

Note: Don't make the same mistake I have made, which is setting a schedule based on results. Don't map out how much weight you want to lose each week or how much money you want to make. “Lose 5 pounds” is not an action you can perform. “Do three sets of squats” is an action you can perform.

You want to set a schedule based on actions you can do, not results that you want.

I think I will review my schedule tomorrow morning!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    Saturday check-in
    Calories under
    Exercise bike
    Water over

5 for 90
    1. Gym 3xs a week- did
    2. Work out at least 30 minutes- did
    3. Declutter- did a little
    4. Social media- checked in, spent too much time looking at recipes
    5. Trigger foods- good day
  • broncobuddee
    Options
    Howdy group!! Today (Sunday) starts the Novemeber F2F month so we're closing up shop here and moving over to https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10770308/mission-slimpossibles-november-chat#latest

Be sure to "star" the new November thread to be notified of new messages!
This discussion has been closed.