When do YOU do your daily reading?

Options
auntsammy88
auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
I usually do my reading at the end of the day before I go to sleep. It gives me a way to relax and also allows me to meditate/pray prior to ending my day. Mornings are just so hectic, so I feel rushed during my reading if I do it in the morning.

When do you do your daily reading? Why did you choose that time?

Replies

• Erithil
    Erithil Posts: 52
    Options
    I always read during breakfast, which is why I've missed the last couple days because I had to grab breakfast while running out the door :P But since I've always loved reading fantasy fiction (I read so much so fast that I practically eat books up), when I was little my mom made the rule that the Bible should be the first book we read every day, and I've pretty much stuck with it. (: Sometimes I read a little at night too, but not much..
  • amina_a10
    amina_a10 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I read right before bed as well. Usually a half hour or so, I set aside to read and then pray. But, I usually read something first thing in the morning as well, usually just a little devotional or something.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I read The Word of God in the morning, afternoon and evening. I wake up and talk to The Lord and ask Him how He's doing and feeling, Praise & Thank Him for Who He is and What He Does and ask what would he like me to see and hear from Him today...from there I read what I feel Led of His Spirit to read.

I keep my mind stayed on Him thru-out the day...no matter what I'm doing, and especially when I feel frustrated...I will re-read what I was reading in the morning or what-so-ever I am Led to of The Lord. No matter how many years I've read the Word--His Revelations and Mercies are NEW each morning.

I read at night before I sleep as well, and also listen to the bible on cd at night looped thru-out the night as I sleep often times as well.

Reading The Word, takes minutes per day--literally. It takes no time what-so-ever to read a chapter or two for me. No time at all.
    Our Great and Merciful God knows how busy we are, and He has commanded His saints to not allow the enemy to keep us distracted with the cares of this world to NOT make time and honor/joy to find time all thru-out the day to read His Word and to Study His word thru out the day. The world, the flesh and the devil tell us, we can't do this...that's NOT practical and, because we are too busy--non-sense, I'm living proof that one can absolutely study the Word ALL day--if we dare to put down distractions of this world for only a few minutes per day. Just as His Word promises, those of us to dare to do this and to preach to Gospel to ourselves daily and teach our children His Word--what great success we will have and favor with God and man!

ETA: After I posted this...The Lord put these verses in my heart to share with us:

Joshua 1:8
    King James Version (KJV)
    8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

And

Deuteronomy 6:
    6 “Now this is the commandment, and these are the statutes and judgments which the Lord your God has commanded to teach you, that you may observe them in the land which you are crossing over to possess, 2 that you may fear the Lord your God, to keep all His statutes and His commandments which I command you, you and your son and your grandson, all the days of your life, and that your days may be prolonged. 3 Therefore hear, O Israel, and be careful to observe it, that it may be well with you, and that you may multiply greatly as the Lord God of your fathers has promised you—‘a land flowing with milk and honey.’

4 “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one! 5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.

6 “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. 8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 9 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

And

2nd Timothy 2
    15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
  • Erithil
    Options
    Dear NewLife: That was very encouraging to me! The Holy Spirit has been convicting me of "forgetting about God" - those times that I get so caught up in things that I don't even think about Him for a day. He keeps reminding me of that verse in one of the epistles (Thessalonians I think) that says "Pray without ceasing," and the verses in Proverbs that speak about meditating on God's Word from morning until night, and throughout the night. I know everything about my life - my focus and faith and love - would be so much better if I was constantly dwelling on my Heavenly Father, recalling His words and praying to Him. <3
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Dear NewLife: That was very encouraging to me! The Holy Spirit has been convicting me of "forgetting about God" - those times that I get so caught up in things that I don't even think about Him for a day. He keeps reminding me of that verse in one of the epistles (Thessalonians I think) that says "Pray without ceasing," and the verses in Proverbs that speak about meditating on God's Word from morning until night, and throughout the night. I know everything about my life - my focus and faith and love - would be so much better if I was constantly dwelling on my Heavenly Father, recalling His words and praying to Him. <3

:smooched: :heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart: :smooched:

Thank you ever so much for posting--I must EVER keep in my spirit, heart and mine, it's ALL Glory to God Alone. It is not by power, nor by might--but by His Spirit, says The Lord. How easy it is for our/my flesh to put on "religion" and deceive myself into believing that I can seek God's Face or do anything good--even in His Name, apart from Him. When I start to think I'm doing "something" for/in Him...I think of this verse:

Romans 3:10-18

King James Version (KJV)

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
    12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
    13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
    14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
    15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
    16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
    17 And the way of peace have they not known:
    18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
    21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
    22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
    25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
    26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
    29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
    30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

The Hunger and Thirst I have for The Lord and His Word...it's surely not coming from me--it's "Christ in Me, my Hope of Glory" as The Word clearly teaches/tell me and I know it and believe it. It is TRULY by Faith, and that NOT of myself--it is a "Gift" of God--NOT of works, lest anyone (including and especially me) shall boast. I ALWAYS think and know these things and wanted to post this for you and me too:flowerforyou:
  • Erithil
    Options
    And I pray every day that He will bless me with a hunger and a thirst so powerful! (:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    And I pray every day that He will bless me with a hunger and a thirst so powerful! (:

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Here's some verses to meditate on and pray--bringing these these to your remembrance and "asking" for His promise to us:

Psalms 119:
    17 Deal bountifully with Thy servant, that I may live and keep Thy word.
    18 Open Thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of Thy law.
    19 I am a stranger on the earth; hide not Thy commandments from me.

AND

Matthew 5:6
    King James Version (KJV)
    6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
  • Erithil
    Options
    Thank you; I will :)