Introduce yourself

Options
Laurenmp16
Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
Please as everyone joins up come in and introduce yourself. If you want people to add you as friends feel free to say so. I'm Lauren, I'm 27 from SoCal and I've been on MFP since January of this year. I've lost 18 lbs, but am looking to get toned now. I did squats in July, abs in August, and am excited to work on my bingo arms in September. Being in SoCal, I won't always be up super early so anyone please feel free to start a new topic to check in for the day, or create a mini challenge.

Replies

• judithmurray
    judithmurray Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would love to join the group. I am ready to get some good looking arms.
  • Chickie728
    Chickie728 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sherry. I'm looking forward to strengthening my arms and hopefully removing my batwings in the process!
  • crawlingfish
    crawlingfish Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i've been having a difficult time lately getting enough arm exercises into my routine on my own-- count me in!
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Brandi!! Excited to tone up my arms and get sexy :-) Been on MFP for a long time buy just got back to really using it. Looking forward to the challenge :-)
  • Romey5
    Romey5 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am in! I spend alot of time working on my lower body, this is the prefect challenge to follow the squat challenge I am doing now.

I am a CA girl (though in NorCal). Everyone else always seems to wake up earlier than us Lauren! Nice to be in the same time zone ;-)

I'm looking forward to this challenge! Romey
  • myfavoritepinkmartini
    Options
    Good afternoon all!

What a great idea! Thank you Lauren. I am brand new to MFP and look forward to the encouragement and support from everyone (and of course, fabulously sexy arms!).
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hi my friends call me AWTY. I sure could use some arm exercises and encouragement to get started on it again!

Thanks for having me.

I started about 5 years ago, lost 35 pounds and got into the best shape of my life. I had a mini stroke, heart surgery and a divorce and just quit exercising.

Gained back about 15 pounds, which I have lost again.

Now I am on my way to losing the last 15 or 20 pounds, but more than that I want to be in SHAPE!!

If it pleases, I believe I shall start tomorrow. (I just did lawn work today and used an edger. My arms are like jello right now! :laugh: 0

Thank You for this wonderful challenge!:drinker:
  • ilovetoeatsweets
    ilovetoeatsweets Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am in the group Calisthenics for beginners. I brought in a 4 lb weight while I am doing crunches, lunges, etc. I think that the arm calendar will be a great addition to what I am doing now. Thanks for this.
  • diadia1
    diadia1 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi Again Lauren.

I am so happy that you have decided to start the challenge for arms.
    It is going well for abs so i will be ready for another challenge in september.
  • bouuncyball
    bouuncyball Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'd been thinking I needed something to do after the ab challenge is finished, so this is perfect!
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    hey guys! So I could really use this challange, ive been losing weight like crazy...but for some reason my arms are still staying big!! If there is one thing i hate about my body its my arms!
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Terrie

I'm doing the 30 day squat challenge for this month and was trying to decide between the abs or arms for Sept. Thanks for deciding for me. I've had an unsuccessful shoulder surgery, so I'lll be doing severly modified push-ups and may have to modify the dips or replace them with something else and I'll be using 5lb. weights. Woohoo, I'm excited!!! I'm waving good-bye to my waving arms!!!
  • Donnerdonner
    Options
    Hi, I'm Donner, turned 58 today,I dance, walk stairs, keep busy. Have severe osteoporosis since I was 44. I lift free weights at home. First time in a group like this. .
  • Eloira
    Eloira Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday!!! X
  • lornathommo
    Options
    Hey, I'm Lorna and am currently maintaining weight but always looking for toning/strengthening challenges and my bingo wings could do with a bit more work.
    69lbs lost. Wanting to blast belly fat and tone up :)
  • MeowSkull
    MeowSkull Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to this challenge! My arms are lunch lady flabby and they are also one of my most self conscious spots. I can't wait to see the change and to gain some strength!!
  • FruitSalad76
    FruitSalad76 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi all I am laura 36 SAHM to 2 kids and a wife. I am doing the Jm 30ds right now till the end of this month. I would love to work on my arms and say good bye to the underarm flab. You can feel free to add me only if your going to do this everyday. I think for each day the topic should be how many of each then we can just type that we did it. That way you will know what to do each day.
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Yonela from SA, currently on Abs challenge, enjoying it and looking forward to tone my arms.
  • snarkywench2
    snarkywench2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am thrilled to be doing this challenge. I have been doing the ab challenge, even though I don't check in everyday. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I am 42, and am adjusting to a semi-empty nest. There are many things my husband and I want to do with our new freedom, and so much of it can't really be done in this shape of body. I need to be not only smaller, but stronger.

Thanks again everyone.
  • diadia1
    diadia1 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Donner, turned 58 today,I dance, walk stairs, keep busy. Have severe osteoporosis since I was 44. I lift free weights at home. First time in a group like this. .

happy birthday. hope you get a nice day with a few treats (healthy ones ha ha ha!!!).