This October I Will...

Replies

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,575 Member
    @PackerFanInGB I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. You're sure going through a lot lately, and I think your October focus will really help you.
    1. My goal for this month: This October I will spend at least 15 minutes a day on cleaning and tidying my house.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal are to set aside time in the evenings just for cleaning, and develop a list of the bigger tasks that need doing (like cleaning windows).
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit is to make sure it's done before going to bed.
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible)? Daily!
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? I will immediately notice the cleaner house, and will also place a sticker in my planner once completed.
    6. What help do you need from us? Just some support and any helpful cleaning tips!
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of October? A nice, clean house that is functional because it is tidied regularly!

I will use βœ… for days I did 15mins of cleaning, and ❌ for days that I didn't.

1/10 βœ…
    2/10 βœ…
    3/10 βœ…
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,970 Member
    My October β€œI Will” is to focus on Creativityβ€”> Gratefulness.

My body & mind are telling me that I’ve been β€œpushing” a very long time: physically & mentally.

So, I have cut down on intensity, frequency, and duration of my exercise.

I have decreased calories too.

I have mostly cleared my calendar. I draw, paint, weave, and create mixed media baskets/bowls, moving from one to another as my Muse leads me :)

I have been spending time pulling out my previously Marie Kondo’d fibers/material etc. since I only kept the ones I loved, this was quite delightful.

The past couple of days (in between sketching figures & creating my latest bowl), I cut a wide strip of each of my fabrics to create one smaller stash from which I can draw for my projects )and be inspired by new color combinations.) I will keep the larger pieces in art room closet & the portable stash with me wherever Indecide to work that day!

Yesterday, the idea popped in my head of using some old plastic coin display pages to create a catalog of my fabric inventory. I cut a few squares & decided I was crazy...

Today, I worked on it for the past 3-4 hours HAHAHA
    SO soothing!
    I likely have about an hour left, but already I’ve found some fabrics & textures I didn’t remember. And this will save me money, as I will avoid double-purchases. I still may be nuts, but, looking back, I’ve ALWAYS enjoyed color, fabric, ribbon, and being frugal.

SO October will be a recharge month for me. Walks outdoors, creating & creatively organizing... as I regain more of my natural positive outlook on life.

Big hugs to you ALL. You are a wonderful group!

@themedalist I broke my right arm a month ago. Happy to assist. Also there is a GREAT FB group β€œHumerus Fracture Support Group” that has been & still is invaluable to me. Wishing you some relaxing/recharging times & rapid & complete recovery for both of your parents. πŸ™πŸ»πŸ€πŸŒˆβ™₯️
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,646 Member
    No late night snacking= πŸŽ‰, Number of hours I reached step goal -/-, Photography work πŸ“Έ

Oct 1 πŸŽ‰ 12/13, πŸ˜•
    Oct 2 πŸŽ‰ 9/13, πŸ˜• (just decided on photography goal so will start tomorrow
    Oct 3 πŸŽ‰ 11/13, πŸ“Έ played with shooting on manual mode and tried raw instead of jpeg. I’m pretty clueless yet.

Note: I’ve been eating way too much for supper in anticipation of being hungry later. Ugh! What a miserable feeling!! Still figuring this out.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    @PackerFanInGB I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. You're sure going through a lot lately, and I think your October focus will really help you.

Thank you. I feel like all I do is whine lately, and I hope you understand that is not my intention. I actually have been kind of MIA so I won't come on here and spread depression and negativity. But I really need this routine in my life or my life is not going to get better. So thank you, thank you, thank you ALLfrom the bottom of my heart. :heart:
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
    I finally figured out my October Goal:

1. My first goal for this month (This October I will...") First goal: Continue with getting to bed at a good time, but now a bit earlier yet during October.

My second goal will be at least 15 minutes decluttering on most days, in at least any one of the 3 areas that I have been intermittently working on: digital clutter, general physical clutter, and paper clutter, since April of this year.

2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: Start preparing for sleep a bit earlier now, and put 'decluttering' on my daily list instead of waiting to be inspired.

3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: I haven't figured out one for the sleep yet. I just have to continue be aware of the time. For decluttering I have to pay attention to my daily routine list better.

4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible) Daily for sleep and most days for decluttering.

5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? Feeling increasingly rested in the morning, and marking the decluttering event number in my exercise calendar, along with my sleep notations. Seeing the number of declutterings events in each category rising.

6. What help do you need from us? Encouragement as you all are so wonderful with πŸ’–.

7. What does success look like to you at the end of October? 1) My sleep patterns will hopefully be more ready for the time change again in November, which I hope to actually take advantage of this year (as I've done so in the distant past). I can do this again. 2) My papers and digital things will be more under control, as well as the overall reduction of any unneeded or unwanted physical items.

1. My first goal for this month (This October I will..."): Continue with getting to bed at a good time, but now even a bit earlier than last month.

2. My second goal will be a minimum of 15 minutes decluttering on most days, in at least one of the 3 areas that I have been intermittently working on since April of this year: physical clutter, paper clutter, and digital clutter.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I will use πŸ˜€ for lights out by 10:30 P.M. Lights out after 10:30 P.M. will be an❌.

physical clutter: 🧺, paper clutter: πŸ“„, digital clutter: πŸ’» .

October 1: πŸ˜€ , πŸ“„ ,
    October 2: πŸ˜€ , πŸ“„ , πŸ’» .
    October 3: πŸ˜€ , πŸ“„ , πŸ’» .

🀠🌺
  • texasgardnr
    @MadisonMolly2017, what a very, very, insightful post! That must have been a joy to actually be able to enjoy the fruit of your labor of putting together your Marie Kondo’d fibers/material storage solution! What fun that must've been finding the perfectly loved πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œfabrics that you wanted to use.

@TwistedSassette, your home is becoming very tidy πŸ‘Œ.

@nebslp, you are doing great! Yes, you will soon figure it out. I've been working for a while on stopping eating at a certain time also (never an official goal). And it isn't easy πŸ™ƒ.
    Back in the day I loved shooting on manual mode with my old SLR cameras. I've given them to my son and daughter in law because they love "vintage" things, especially if passed down from family. I also had my Daddy's old Kodak Brownie (box) Camera that I gave to them 🧑. I have many memories of my dad lining me and my siblings up for family photos, while peering into that little top view finder.
    It all comes around lol. I thought my dad's camera as vintage, now they think the same of their mom's cameras 😜.

@PackerFanInGB, I miss you when you aren't here. I am glad that you are back again even though it is still a difficult time for you. πŸ€—πŸŒ·.

🀠🌺
  • nebslp
    No late night snacking= πŸŽ‰, Number of hours I reached step goal -/-, Photography work πŸ“Έ

Oct 1 πŸŽ‰ 12/13, πŸ˜•
    Oct 3 πŸŽ‰ 11/13, πŸ“Έ played with shooting on manual mode and tried raw instead of jpeg. I’m pretty clueless yet.
    Oct 4 πŸŽ‰ 10/13, πŸ“Έ watched a bunch of videos on how to shoot northern lights and took LOTS of notes. I will practice the next time we have a clear sky here (it's raining right now).

• texasgardnr

1. My first goal for this month (This October I will...") First goal: Continue with getting to bed at a good time, but now a bit earlier yet during October.

My second goal will be at least 15 minutes decluttering on most days, in at least any one of the 3 areas that I have been intermittently working on: digital clutter, general physical clutter, and paper clutter, since April of this year.

2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: Start preparing for sleep a bit earlier now, and put 'decluttering' on my daily list instead of waiting to be inspired.

3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: I haven't figured out one for the sleep yet. I just have to continue be aware of the time. For decluttering I have to pay attention to my daily routine list better.

4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible) Daily for sleep and most days for decluttering.

5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? Feeling increasingly rested in the morning, and marking the decluttering event number in my exercise calendar, along with my sleep notations. Seeing the number of declutterings events in each category rising.

6. What help do you need from us? Encouragement as you all are so wonderful with πŸ’–.

7. What does success look like to you at the end of October? 1) My sleep patterns will hopefully be more ready for the time change again in November, which I hope to actually take advantage of this year (as I've done so in the distant past). I can do this again. 2) My papers and digital things will be more under control, as well as the overall reduction of any unneeded or unwanted physical items.

1. My first goal for this month (This October I will..."): Continue with getting to bed at a good time, but now even a bit earlier than last month.

2. My second goal will be a minimum of 15 minutes decluttering on most days, in at least one of the 3 areas that I have been intermittently working on since April of this year: physical clutter, paper clutter, and digital clutter.
    I will use πŸ˜‡ for lights out by 10:30 P.M. Lights out after 10:30 P.M. will be an❌.

October 1: πŸ˜‡ , πŸ“„ ,
    October 2: πŸ˜‡ , πŸ“„ , πŸ’» .
    October 3: πŸ˜‡ , πŸ“„ , πŸ’» .
    October 4: πŸ˜‡ , πŸ“„ , πŸ’» .

🀠🌺
  • MadisonMolly2017
    @MadisonMolly2017, what a very, very, insightful post! That must have been a joy to actually be able to enjoy the fruit of your labor of putting together your Marie Kondo’d fibers/material storage solution! What fun that must've been finding the perfectly loved πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œfabrics that you wanted to use.

@nebslp, you are doing great! Yes, you will soon figure it out. I've been working for a while on stopping eating at a certain time also (never an official goal). And it isn't easy πŸ™ƒ.
    Back in the day I loved shooting on manual mode with my old SLR cameras. I've given them to my son and daughter in law because they love "vintage" things, especially if passed down from family. I also had my Daddy's old Kodak Brownie (box) Camera that I gave to them 🧑. I have many memories of my dad lining me and my siblings up for family photos, while peering into that little top view finder.
    It all comes around lol. I thought my dad's camera as vintage, now they think the same of their mom's cameras 😜.

@PackerFanInGB, I miss you when you aren't here. I am glad that you are back again even though it is still a difficult time for you. πŸ€—πŸŒ·.

🀠🌺

@texasgardnr Thank you! Yes, I’m having great fun! The hour ended up being about 8 hours (doesn’t it always 🀣), and I still have the purples to go!! I even got out my labeled to Indicate if I had no more of that fabric or where the back up supply was located LOL

I recovered 8 coin Pages from my earlier 2007 art (Marie Kondo’d) & just kept my favorites!!

I have set some other goals, now that I’m
    Feeling more relaxed & energetic.

Minimums:
    310 active calories πŸ’ͺ🏻
    30 min dedicated exercise πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
    12 stand hours ⏰

Calories eaten below amount burned β™₯️

10/1 πŸ’ͺπŸ»πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈβ° β™₯️
    10/2 πŸ’ͺπŸ»πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈβ° over
    10/3 πŸ’ͺ🏻no ⏰ over
    10/4 πŸ’ͺπŸ»πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈβ° OVER
    10/5

I’ve had some odd Gastro issues so ate foods I never ate. Back in track now. Wt has remained steady, but it may pop up. I plan to grocery shop & prep tomorrow for the week.

P.S. I also came up with a way to add pages for my yarns & ribbons & place in same binder. Finishing a weaving & almost done with our anniversary basket β™₯️ Then I’ll finish the yarn & ribbon pages!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,258 Member
    My goals are the same this month.

1. My goal for this month -- This October I will increase my walking miles from 3 miles an hour to 4 miles an hour.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal - I will walk 5 days a week w/my DH.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit - Getting up at 4:00 to walk at 5:00 so we can pick up our Grandson and Grandpuppy at 7:00.
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible) 5 days a week...rest days Monday and Friday.
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? Jumping around doing a Happy Dance!
    6. What help do you need from us? I liked @pennysob's answer in September...cheers!!
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of September? That I'm getting back to the walking speed I was at before the pinched nerve in my back side-lined me for almost a year. I had spine surgery in June to fix it all. Recovery is slow.

10/01 - 3.06 miles in 61 mins. ...5:00 a.m. ...in the dark
    10/02 - 3.03 miles in 59 mins. ...5:00 a.m. ...in the dark
    10/03 - 3.05 miles in 60 mins.
    10/04 - Rest Day
    10/05 - 3.02 miles in 86 mins. ...we have our Grandpuppy w/us all week. He stops at bush...every leaf. Plus we walked on rocks and in the sand.

Chris
  • MadisonMolly2017

🀠🌺

@texasgardnr Thank you! Yes, I’m having great fun! The hour ended up being about 8 hours (doesn’t it always 🀣), and I still have the purples to go!! I even got out my labeled to Indicate if I had no more of that fabric or where the back up supply was located LOL

I recovered 8 coin Pages from my earlier 2007 art (Marie Kondo’d) & just kept my favorites!!

I have set some other goals, now that I’m
    Feeling more relaxed & energetic.

Minimums:
    12 stand hours ⏰

10/1 πŸ’ͺπŸ»πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈβ° over (corrected)
    10/3 πŸ’ͺ🏻no ⏰ over
    10/5

I’ve had some odd Gastro issues so ate foods I never ate. (Working to get) Back on track now. Wt has remained steady, but it may (will likely) pop up. I plan to grocery shop & prep tomorrow for the week.

Not sure why my appetite is raging & my Gastro system is upset...

P.S. I also came up with a way to add pages for my yarns & ribbons & place in same binder. Finishing a weaving & almost done with our anniversary basket β™₯️ Then I’ll finish the yarn & ribbon pages!

• texasgardnr

@MadisonMolly2017, that is great that you have set some other goals, since you are feeling more relaxed & energetic... Sounds GREAT! I hope that any issues with your tummy and all are getting much better πŸ€”.

@cpanus, Have loads of fun times and walks with your Grandpuppy this upcoming week 🐢.

I will use πŸ˜‡ for lights out by 10:30 P.M. Lights out after 10:30 P.M. will be an❌.

October 2: πŸ˜‡ , πŸ“„ , πŸ’» .
    October 3: πŸ˜‡ , πŸ“„ , πŸ’» .
    October 4: πŸ˜‡ , πŸ“„ , πŸ’» .
    October 5: ❌ , πŸ“„ , πŸ’» .

Have a happy Sunday y'all 🀠🌺
  • cpanus
    Thanks, @texasgardnr!

1. My goal for this month -- This October I will increase my walking miles from 3 miles an hour to 4 miles an hour.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal - I will walk 5 days a week w/my DH.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit - Getting up at 4:00 to walk at 5:00 so we can pick up our Grandson and Grandpuppy at 7:00.
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible) 5 days a week...rest days Monday and Friday.
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? Jumping around doing a Happy Dance!
    6. What help do you need from us? I liked @pennysob's answer in September...cheers!!
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of September? That I'm getting back to the walking speed I was at before the pinched nerve in my back side-lined me for almost a year. I had spine surgery in June to fix it all. Recovery is slow.

10/04 - Rest Day
    10/05 - 3.02 miles in 86 mins. ...we have our Grandpuppy w/us all week. He stops at every bush...every leaf. Plus we walked on rocks and in the sand.
    10/06 - 3.47 miles in 101 mins. ...stopped by the new dog park. Bean only wanted to sniff the grass and fence.

Chris
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    I have been thinking about this month's goal and I don't think it is specific enough to be achievable. I need for it to be more specific if I want to be mindful about trying to reverse it.

So....I'm switching gears!

1. My goal for this month -- This October I will take 30 minutes every day to do some sort of self-care.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal - I will use whatever is at my disposal and switch it up...Calm app, bubble bath, sewing machine, book, walk outside with my fur baby, mani/pedi, and/or journal.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit - I have created a recurrent appointment in my phone calendar that will pop up and remind me at 6:15 p.m. every day that it is self-care time. It will also pop up on my Apple watch if I'm not near my phone at the time.
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible): This will take place at 6:15 p.m. daily.
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? The act of self-care will be my immediate reward, A quieter mind at night and maybe a sense of peace.
    6. What help do you need from us? Nudges or self-care ideas if you can see I'm struggling.
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of October? If I am successful, work will not be as stressful. I will not cry several times a day for no apparent reason. I will no longer try carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders. I will not feel such darkess. And I will NOT feel sorry for myself.

However, I will be happy, smiling and back to my old self.

If I can do this, I will buy myself a 60-minute massage package at the Day Spa.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday! Peace and Joy. :flowerforyou:
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,984 Member
    Oct 1 - √Daily pick up/Shoulder Therapy
    Oct 2 - √Daily pick up/Arm workout video

Oct 3- √Daily pick up/SilverSneaker Basics, Standing Ab, and Core workout
    Oct 4- √Daily pick up/Mini Resistance Band Workout & Weights for Biceps/Triceps
    Oct 5 - √Daily pick up/SilverSneaker Basics
    Oct 6- √Daily pick up/SilverSneaker Basics, Arm Video & Shoulder Therapy
    (Everything I do is a short or mini workout of sorts but I consider it a success if I at least do it.)

@PackerFanInGB I am sorry to hear about your loss. I think that your goals and actions that you have set up are very thoughtful.

I continued to be inspired reading everyone's posts. It keeps me going.
    Happy Sunday!
  • nebslp

Oct 1 πŸŽ‰ 12/13, πŸ˜•
    Oct 4 πŸŽ‰ 10/13, πŸ“Έ watched a bunch of videos on how to shoot northern lights and took LOTS of notes. I will practice the next time we have a clear sky here (it's raining right now).
    Oct 5 πŸ˜• 8/13, πŸ“Έ grandkids and I spent a couple of hours taking pics outside.
    Oct 6 πŸŽ‰ 10/13, no time for serious photography... too many sports activities today.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Thank you @texasgardnr ❣️
    I’m almost all better!!

Minimums:
    12 stand hours ⏰

10/1 πŸ’ͺπŸ»πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈβ° over (corrected)
    10/3 πŸ’ͺ🏻no ⏰ over
    10/5 πŸ’ͺπŸ»πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈβ° β™₯️underβ™₯️
    10/6 πŸ’ͺπŸ»πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈβ°β™₯️underβ™₯️
    10/7
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,984 Member
    Oct 1 - √Daily pick up/Shoulder Therapy
    Oct 2 - √Daily pick up/Arm workout video
    Oct 3- √Daily pick up/SilverSneaker Basics, Standing Ab, and Core workout
    Oct 4- √Daily pick up/Mini Resistance Band Workout & Weights for Biceps/Triceps
    Oct 5 - √Daily pick up/SilverSneaker Basics
    Oct 6- √Daily pick up/SilverSneaker Basics, Arm Video & Shoulder Therapy

Oct 7 - √Daily pick up/SilverSneakerBasic 3, Shoulder Therapy, Experimenting with Bands

I will be traveling until next Monday between three different locations. It will be interesting and a challenge to take these new habits on the road with me. Oddly it was my husband last night who suggested I pack my resistance bands to take with me. I had not really thought about it.
  • cpanus

10/04 - Rest Day
    10/05 - 3.02 miles in 86 mins. ...we have our Grandpuppy w/us all week. He stops at every bush...every leaf. Plus we walked on rocks and in the sand.
    10/06 - 3.47 miles in 101 mins. ...stopped by the new dog park. Bean only wanted to sniff the grass and fence.
    10/07 - Rest Day
    10/08 - 3.49 miles in 90 mins. ...took Bean to the canal. He loved it.

Chris
  • texasgardnr

October 2: πŸ˜‡ , πŸ“„ , πŸ’»
    October 3: πŸ˜‡ , πŸ“„ , πŸ’»
    October 4: πŸ˜‡ , πŸ“„ , πŸ’»
    October 5: ❌ , πŸ“„ , πŸ’»

October 6: πŸ˜‡ ,
    October 7: πŸ˜‡ , 🧺,

🀠🌺