The Keto Noodles

Options
Emmapatterson1729
Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
edited October 2019 in Social Groups
So, finally bought and tried the shirataki noodles. My review:

They were amazing.

Rinsed very well... Let them sit in colander while I prepped everything else (including cooking my steak to rare and setting aside).

Once my veggies were going in sesame oil & butter...I threw the noodles in with veggies (broccoli, zucchini, peppers, onions, mushrooms, mung bean sprouts, shredded cabbage), herbs (fresh basil and cilantro and lemon grass paste), and sauce (peanut Thai sauce, a splash of soy sauce, tbsp of hoisin and a few drops of Teriyaki sauce). Turned heat down to medium low and let simmer a long while. Sliced steak, added into pot. Let simmer for one more minute, pulled from heat, topped with more fresh cilantro, and served. Beef Peanut pad Thai... Turned out excellent!!!

No weird texture, great taste! Very satisfying!

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    23x1gwkm400a.jpg
  • Emmapatterson1729
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Wow, if I wanted a cowardly disagree instead actual replies, conversations, and comments, I'd post in general forums. This group has changed a lot in the last month. Don't know what happened, but seeing increase of insults, arguments, disagrees, etc. Not a fun, informative, motivational environment any longer.
  • steeliebob
    steeliebob Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Dang that looks good.... With only one grocery store up here though, guessing I'm going to have to drive down your way to get some though 🤔😭
  • eloni60626
    eloni60626 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It looks really tasty!
  • NCSophie
    NCSophie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've found a few different types in my area. One is shelf stable and the others refrigerated. After rinsing and draining I like to "dry fry" them for a bit to drive out some of the moisture. It seems like that helps them to pick up some of the flavor of the sauce they're going in to.
  • mkrobins
    mkrobins Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Looks great! Thanks for sharing. I'm looking for recipes.
  • debwah2015
    debwah2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There's a relatively new keto noodle out, also. Hearts of Palm shaped into noodles....in a can, shelf stable, Brand is Palmini. Rinse to remove the brine and they're ready to go! Tastes great!
  • bwrabbit11
    bwrabbit11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    NCSophie wrote: »
    I've found a few different types in my area. One is shelf stable and the others refrigerated. After rinsing and draining I like to "dry fry" them for a bit to drive out some of the moisture. It seems like that helps them to pick up some of the flavor of the sauce they're going in to.

I’ve done the same with the ones I bought...thought they were pretty good.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    debwah2015 wrote: »
    There's a relatively new keto noodle out, also. Hearts of Palm shaped into noodles....in a can, shelf stable, Brand is Palmini. Rinse to remove the brine and they're ready to go! Tastes great!

I don't eat a ketogenic diet but do eat low carb. These look interesting because I really like heart of palm (in salads). I'll see if I can find them locally. The internet says Walmart and WholeFoods stock them. Thanks for sharing.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I found Palmini at Publix. $3.49 for a ~15 ounce can. I tried them last night in a shrimp curry.

I prefer Palmini to the one kind of "alternative noodle" I've tried which was Nasoya Pasta Zero.

In the end, I still prefer spaghetti squash as a sub for real pasta but do like Palmini.

Thanks again for mentioning it. I do like that I could get another can and keep it in the pantry just in case a pasta or rice urge hits.