November miles for @mobycarp

Replies

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,468 Member
    The time columns look good to me. Nice work, @T1DCarnivoreRunner.

Unfortunately I can't help. I'm tentatively planning an 8 hour race which runs from 8am to 4pm on November 2nd, CST, so it ends just as this campaign starts. If I do that, I won't be running at all on Nov 3rd.

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,382 Member
    @7lenny7 - add your name to the sheet for November 2nd - we will count it! You know Kevin would be so supportive of an 8 hour run!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,468 Member
    edited October 2019
    shanaber wrote: »
    @7lenny7 - add your name to the sheet for November 2nd - we will count it! You know Kevin would be so supportive of an 8 hour run!

@shanaber
    Done. I didn't expand the time slots but just put my name on the 5 hours shown on top. I didn't want to screw things up. The race is not a sure thing, my busy race schedule has become an issue again, but I think I've smoothed things over enough I can do that race.

And she won't even be home that weekend so it will be easy to sneak off if I have to....
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    I've added my name to a couple of slots - running late at night isn't my thing so I might plump for the early morning slots instead but it would be nice for one of us to manage to start it off or is that in hand?

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Ok so phone not playing properly. C unless @ContraryMaryMary wants to change her time, can you put me in the first too slots. I'll do a 10k for Kevin at that time.

I think this post may have been missed @eleanorhawkins?

Happy to slot in anywhere if this has now passed. If the first slots aren't available, I'll take the final hr.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,382 Member
    @avidkeo - you can add yourself into the spreadsheet in whichever slots work for you.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    @avidkeo - you can add yourself into the spreadsheet in whichever slots work for you.

I'll try when I find a computer. I'm having issues on my phone where instead of going to the link it's opening the spreadsheet in excel, read only. Sigh. I'll try a pc tonight
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,654 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »

I'll try when I find a computer. I'm having issues on my phone where instead of going to the link it's opening the spreadsheet in excel, read only. Sigh. I'll try a pc tonight

Yes, I had missed it completely, sorry!

• Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,063 Member
    I checked the empty slots to see if I cud move my run to fill an hour but it will be middle of night here and I just can't. Is there any way we can get more people to help
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i may or may not be able to fill a hole. it will be the middle of the night. i have a concert that night. either way, i'll try to run at some point during that 24 hour period
  • eleanorhawkins
    Mari33a wrote: »
    I checked the empty slots to see if I cud move my run to fill an hour but it will be middle of night here and I just can't. Is there any way we can get more people to help

@Mari33a It doesn't matter, the point is just for as many of us as possible to run on (or around) the day he wanted to do the NYC marathon and can't.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Okay, someone tell me if I have this correct. In Memphis (Central Standard time), starting Saturday Nov 2 at 19:00 hrs, aka 7 pm, there is a 2 hr gap. I can cover some or maybe all of this (if I walk an hour after running an hour) by running at WC Johnson park which closes at 11 pm. Although it’s supposed to be absurdly cold.
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,063 Member
    Okay, someone tell me if I have this correct. In Memphis (Central Standard time), starting Saturday Nov 2 at 19:00 hrs, aka 7 pm, there is a 2 hr gap. I can cover some or maybe all of this (if I walk an hour after running an hour) by running at WC Johnson park which closes at 11 pm. Although it’s supposed to be absurdly cold.

Yea that’s right
  • eleanorhawkins
    I made a group thingy on Strava for the weekend miles for @MobyCarp (I think). Sent invites to those I'm hooked up with on there but here's the link (I think) for anyone who didn't get an invite and wants in to click!
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    I made a group thingy on Strava for the weekend miles for @MobyCarp (I think). Sent invites to those I'm hooked up with on there but here's the link (I think) for anyone who didn't get an invite and wants in to click!
    I only found out about this thanks to you invite actually, thanks! (been a bit absent from the forums here recently...). checked the spreadsheet, but all the free slots are middle-of-the night for me :disappointed:
    I would really like to participate in Memory of MobyCarb! But I can only double up on already covered time slots...
  • eleanorhawkins
    I only found out about this thanks to you invite actually, thanks! (been a bit absent from the forums here recently...). checked the spreadsheet, but all the free slots are middle-of-the night for me :disappointed:
    I would really like to participate in Memory of MobyCarb! But I can only double up on already covered time slots...

@_nikkiwolf_ no worries, we knew almost from the start a non-stop thing wasn't going to work. Kevin had said that the NYC Marathon was his main goal for the rest of the year, so the idea is just for as many of us as possible to run as many miles as we can on the day (more or less, with time zones making it more interesting). It's just a way of honouring his memory, basically.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    If I understand the chart, here are the slots to fill. (Pink is my time, our clocks have already changed). I'll TRY to take the hour I marked, if it's not already taken, and if hubby doesn't have to be at church earlier this week.
    hmm651dt4qh6.jpg
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    If I understand the chart, here are the slots to fill. (Pink is my time, our clocks have already changed). I'll TRY to take the hour I marked, if it's not already taken, and if hubby doesn't have to be at church earlier this week.
    hmm651dt4qh6.jpg

Sounds great!

If you are CET / currently 15:04 / 3:04p on 11/2 at the time I am typing this, then you are reading the file right.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited November 2019
    So, I understand we lost @girlinahat to injury, but I’m no longer seeing @marisap2010 in the first hour of the 24 hr period on the updated chart. Is this an oversight or is this slot really vacant now?
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited November 2019
    At "17:00 EDT"? That's 22:00 CET, according to the sheet. I could most likely go for a run at that time, but not long enough to cover all of the three slots that are empty.
    (I have to admit, I'm confuse by the two charts - we are only supposed to look at the "Updated" one? Should we hide the other one to avoid confusion in that case?)