Starting 7 Day Kickstart-Tips?

Options
FightOnB
FightOnB Posts: 6 Member
Hello everyone! I'm excited to start the JMBR! I did my first workout of the program using workout 1 this morning and am amped about following through to get in the best shape of my life! Did people find the kickstart particularly helpful (or did you just jump right in?) Any words of wisdom as I begin my journey?

Replies

• earcega
    earcega Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I just started the kickstart today! How have you been finding it the pat few days?
  • Scilla887
    Scilla887 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I did the kickstart program and found it really helpful. I lost the most pounds that week. Then again the kickstart program has you doing cardio every day along with the strength workouts too. More calorie burn. The meal plan is not that bad either. My favorite meals were the poached eggs and canadian bacon for breakfast, for lunch the vegatable soup is awesome, and dinner the turkey burgers are great too.
  • FightOnB
    Options
    Tried to delete my comment but don't know how!
  • FightOnB
    Options
    Hi there!

I just started the kickstart today! How have you been finding it the pat few days?
    [/quote
    Hi! Overall it's going pretty good. I have back issues and it flared up Sunday night so I had to sit it out for a couple of days. I've eased back into again, but I'm just paying extra attention to my form. The workouts are good, they definitely kick my butt! I like that Jillian kind of takes it easy on you initially in order to help build stability, strength, and build up your core. I'm already feeling stronger and I'm starting to see some definition in my arms (baby guns lol)! I'm feeling motivated and inspired, and hope to be strong enough in a few weeks to do some hybrid moves. Eventually my goal would be to be able to do something like Insanity which is currently too hard for me. I really recommend this workout because I think it lays the foundations for everything else later, including more rigorous and advanced moves. The meals aren't bad either. I find it easier to eat yogurt for breakfast everyday. The sirloin steak recipe was really good! The food is generally easy to prepare (although most are really light on salt which is a bit hard for me). Let me know how it's going with you? I keep telling my friends to try it but they haven't!! I feel like they're missing out!
  • FightOnB
    Options
    I did the kickstart program and found it really helpful. I lost the most pounds that week. Then again the kickstart program has you doing cardio every day along with the strength workouts too. More calorie burn. The meal plan is not that bad either. My favorite meals were the poached eggs and canadian bacon for breakfast, for lunch the vegatable soup is awesome, and dinner the turkey burgers are great too.

Wow, you got amazing results! I don't think I'll lose that much but I already feel lighter and stronger. I also took my measurements to see if I lose inches. Oh, and yeah the turkey burgers are really good!