Hello from Florida

Options
I'm a 39 year old stay at home mom of a 3 year old boy and one year old girl. I need to lose about 100 pounds due to my love of good, southern food. I am about eight pounds down as of now.

I have yo yo dieted all of my life and have even spent time in the anti diet community. The sad thing is that I started dieting when I was a perfectly fit and healthy teen and I wish I could warn girls not to do to themselves what I have done to myself.

Body positivity has it's place, but it's time for me to start taking care of myself before I end up disabled due to my own fat. I've decided to just balance my meals the traditional way and just count calories.

Fortunately I like all kinds of foods, healthy and unhealthy alike. I really want to set a good example for my children, especially my daughter. I don't want them to remember me being obese, imprisoned by my body, unable to be the mom they deserve. This is the last time I'm doing this. This time I'm going to get well.

Replies

• _Emily1108
    _Emily1108 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I understand that minus I don’t have any kids but I’ve always yo yoed with dieting more so the older I get but my husband always brings in snack foods and I’m weak to all of that lol