Motivational Music

Cora0477
Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
I know I need to build habits and not rely on willpower, but I often find music helps me to tip the motivational scale towards getting off the couch, or staying on the treadmill, etc. I tend to prefer upbeat, encouraging/self-empowering songs to give me the boost I need. Here are some of the songs that work for me.

Never Give Up -Sia
The Greatest -Sia
The Champion -Carrie Underwood
Champion -Bishop Briggs
Unstoppable -The Score
Rule the World -Walk off the Earth
This is not a Test -TobyMac
On Top of the World -Imagine Dragons

Do you any good ones that help give you the extra push when you need it?

Replies

• Cora0477
    edited October 2019
    I’m surprised to be on my own here, but I needed a push again today. Running was on the schedule and I so didn’t feel like it. I’m sure I’m going to start my cycle tomorrow and was feeling extra emotional and tempted to day drink and eat my feelings :) I played Getting Started -Aloe Blacc (Hobbs & Shaw) a couple of times while putting my shoes on and it really helped.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    I did a lot of running in the past, but always in nature where i didn’t like music.
    But when the wheather didn’t permit, i went to the track and there I had my running playlist, including a lot of The Prodigy. I always found they made me run fastest :smile:

Apart from running, when at work, at home or in the car, Spotify is always on!
  • Cora0477
    Thanks, @Antiopelle I’ll check them out!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    I like no distractions when I'm out in nature, I like to hear the birds, wind in the trees, the schuss of my x-country skiis, etc. As far as motivational music I just need to get up and dance to... zydeco, Latin (rumba, samba, mambo, tango), ska, EDM electro-house. To just listen to... jazz (not abstract) & blues.
  • andreea10u
    andreea10u Posts: 2 Member
    When I'm out walking or running, I love listening to a good podcast. But for the gym, I enjoy anything from upbeat, cheery songs (JP Cooper - Sing it with me is a great example) for cardio to more aggressive ones for weights like the ones from Neffex (Never Give Up, Fight Back, Till I Collapse), Linkin Park, etc. Depends on my mood. My Spotify workout playlist is evergrowing.
  • lindsaywalker5015
    lindsaywalker5015 Posts: 58 Member
    SZA and Kendrick Lamar. Alice Merton, no roots. 21 Savage and post Malone. Calvin Harris. Mark Ronson. Chainsmokers, setting fires. Bruno Mars. Imagine Dragons. The weekend and Kendrick Lamar, pray for me. Portugal the Man, feel it still. Alesso and Ansel Elgort, I wanna know.

This is mostly pop and hip hop. It's what I'd play for teaching a boot camp.
  • Cora0477
    Thanks so much! I’ll check them out!
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    I like this thread. I'd like to add some songs, but I will need to get back here later when I around my music library!
  • anjirey
    anjirey Posts: 4 Member
    Lizzo is the BEST for work outs! <3
  • fitasacello
    fitasacello Posts: 34 Member
    I like to run to music that is a little edgy:
    Crown by Billie Eilish
    Run the world by beyonce
    Colors by Genevieve
    Uprising by Muse
    Fast as you can by Fiona Apple
    Shock by Ana Tijoux