November 15 Sign In

Options
13»

Replies

• Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Impala007 wrote: »
    Had blood work done at the end of June all was in spec except glucose was 115. Started IF approach to eating in mid September which is supposed to help with insulin resistance.... must be working ...my numbers have gone from 101 to 87 to finally 76 the last time I checked a couple weeks ago.

@impala007 Great bloodwork! Thanks for sharing with us. Like others here, I have some questions.

What window do you use for eating?

Before and after that window, do you drink anything besides water?

• fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
    Nsv am changing shape! Feeling more confident, getting fiter
  • Impala007
    Impala007 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Had trouble accessing MFP last night so posting late...
    Exercise: Y 15 K steps
    Calories: N
    Tracking: N

Ring me up for Pass day #1

Was in good shape until the very end and then got into a bag of almonds that my exercise calories wouldn’t cover. I figured I might as well get my money’s worth so that box of donuts got some attention too. I opted not to track the carnage because I really didn’t want to know. This is the first indiscretion I’ve had in 60 days ....much longer than I expected. Tomorrow is another day right?

To answer @Hollis100 and @MadisonMolly about my IF. I just finished 8 weeks of working nights 4 days on 1 off. My eating plan was not to eat at home. Most of the time I would eat “ lunch” between 7 and 8 pm and dinner between 11 and 12 pm so it was 19 hrs fast and 5 hour window to eat. My normal work schedule has me back and forth between days and nights with 3
    or 4 12.5 hr shifts. I’m still trying to figure out my eating schedule when working days kinda looks like I’ll wait until noon or so lunch and eat just after I get home around 6 so it looks a little different. As far as what I drink it started off no alcohol no diet soda pretty much water and coffee. Have not had any alcohol in 2 months and made it 30 days before the diet soda came back, but I usually only had that on my day off. I need to reel that back in some though. I did drink coffee outside of my window just in the afternoon (morning) trying to keep it black .. not my favorite ....but sometimes I did add some half and half. Yeah I got hungry , but it came and went and at no time did I find it not something I couldn’t push thru. Hope that answers your questions..
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    @Impala007 Thanks for taking the time to explain. Yes, you did answer my question about beverages beside water outside the eating window.

I've tried a simple form of IF, getting up at 6 AM and waiting until 11 AM or noon to eat, and found it really reduced my overall appetite. I'm impressed with your good bloodwork and think I'll try IF again. My bloodwork isn't prediabetic, but could be better. Thanks again!

(and I wouldn't worry about one day of donuts and almonds :D )

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,005 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Impala007 !

Congratulations again on your blood work!
  • BuddysSurrogateGrandpa1
    BuddysSurrogateGrandpa1 Posts: 64 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    track
    budget
    exercise...

yes^3
    Don't know what to say about nsv
    Since I am kind of close to my weight goal I guess everything that matters to me these days is the stuff of abilities.
    I am slowing down some. I think all of my PBs or PRs are behind me.
    But I can still do the climbs I dedicated myself to a few years ago.
    I can still take care of Buddy
    Exercise today kind of lethargic. Took Buddy down the hill to the donut shop for a donut. Getting him back up the hill kind of counts as exercise. Probably not a donuts worth but tracking is what matters when exercise is on the low side.
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    11/15
    Exercised? yes
    Tracked? yes
    Calories? yes

Passes Used: 1/3
    Weight lost in Nov: 0

I find my NSV very similar to @lalabank
    Now that I'm doing a solid workout 3 times per week and biking to and from the class in addition to my at-home exercises and other biking, I'm finding my victories are more NS. I feel confident that I will still be able to slowly lose the last few pounds to maintenance but I'm also keeping in mind that my ideal number will take longer to get to and look very different in a strong muscular frame than my previous frame, and that's ok!
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL So very sorry you are experiencing discomfort. Hopefully, your doctor visits and caution with exercise will result in 100% recovery.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 And beaming is just what you should be! I'm proud to be your friend. You are an encourager.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @w8goal4life Thanks, Carol!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    3x yes

12 yes
    3 no

1. May 22 yes 9 no/31
    2. June 22 yes 8 no/30