Coffee and Tea! What kind of coffee and tea are your favorites?

Options
TheDevastator
TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
I love highland grogg coffee from berres brothers. I bought some pumpkin spice and hazelnut from Aldi's that are good. When I workout I want some strong coffee so I bought medium roast from Aldi's as well.
For Tea, I love Stash peach black tea, chai teas, and wild raspberry hibiscus.

What do you all drink?

Replies

• JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm a simple gal, I guess; Dunkin coffee, and lots of it with (unsweetened) almond milk, in the morning before I start my day.

I like cold green tea some afternoons, and some evenings a decaf peppermint tea from Celestial Seasonings is nice.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I like Tazo chai tea, and I blend it two tablespoons of whole milk Fairlife, and 1 teaspoon of Splenda (sucralose).
  • rmac18
    rmac18 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My tastes are simple, I like Cafe Bustelo coffee with SF Hazelnut Coffeemate Creamer and MCT oil. I realize SF Coffeemate creamer isn’t ideal but I really like it and I don’t use all that much and it fits in my daily carb limit. I also like Benner Iced Tea bags from Aldi that I brew in hot water and pour over ice. That’s about all I drink.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    rmac18 wrote: »
    My tastes are simple, I like Cafe Bustelo coffee with SF Hazelnut Coffeemate Creamer and MCT oil. I realize SF Coffeemate creamer isn’t ideal but I really like it and I don’t use all that much and it fits in my daily carb limit. I also like Benner Iced Tea bags from Aldi that I brew in hot water and pour over ice. That’s about all I drink.

I've found a lot of them that are 1-2g of carbs without even being sugarfree. The powdered coffeemate normal stuff is like that. I just drink my coffee with almond milk since I hate the stuff anyway, but there are some nice keto or low carb options to be found for sure.

I ordered a bag of bulk sucralose ages back and it works just fine for me without any carbs. Takes hardly anything and I have a sweet cup of disgusting bean juice with all the stims a growing adult needs.

bean juice + sucralose powder + almond milk/cream/butter = good time bean juice.

I try and stay away from tea, as I grew up on that and it's too easy to drink it all day.

• shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My tastes are simple, I like Cafe Bustelo coffee

Fellow Cafe Bustelo drinker. Typically I drink it black like my soul but lately I've been adding just a touch of Splenda. On occasion I blend in a bit of butter if I want something creamy.

For tea I generally go for Earl Grey or Lady Grey. But I couldn't tell you the last time I had a cuppa.

• TheDevastator
    Options
    What store do you get Cafe Bustelo coffee?
  • rmac18
    rmac18 Posts: 185 Member
    Options

Dollar General or Kroger. It’s around $4.50 per can and the can is useful for bacon grease and such.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    Thanks. I don't have those stores around here. I think I'll stick with Aldi's coffees for now. They work just fine getting all the caffeine to my bloodstream.
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Dollar General or Kroger. It’s around $4.50 per can and the can is useful for bacon grease and such.

Publix, Target, and pretty much any Cuban/Hispanic store will typically stock it as well.

Another good and fairly inexpensive coffee you might see in Kroger depending on where you're located is Cain's. Cain's coffee is what a lot of restaurants - especially mom & pop type places - use. But it's no Bustelo.

I use my leftover large Bustelo can to save old coffee grounds, which I disperse around the yard.

• tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I use Dunkin in my BPC with Carrington Coconut oil/ghee. For tea I like Bigelow decaf french vanilla with half pack of Truvia and also Tazo Wild Sweet Orange tea plain.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I drink decaf coffee every day nearly all day and am not overly picky about it. I've tried and like Bustelo. The decaf distribution is limited but regular can be found in most stores in my area. There is a store locator on their site.

During the winter I add a little tea. Decaf Earl Grey, Constant Comment and Bengal Spice. I also periodically make chai with a mix of 4-5 spices.
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I also drink Highlander Grogg from Berres Brothers but I also use Turtle Sundae flavored beans in the whole bean bag and grind them together. The smell alone from the brewed coffee is wonderful. With 2 tsp of powdered coffee creamer and 2 short tsps. of Splenda it makes my day!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I love more caffeine over stronger taste, so I buy whatever blonde gourmet coffee is on sale. I really like Trader Joe's blonde roast breakfast blend (get ground in store) organic fair trade.

I sweeten with local brand half and half, Stevia, and unsweetened cocoa powder (zero net carbs).

My tea is organic Graviola tea (soursop fruit tree leaves). It is medicinal, has very strong pain relieving properties with no side effects (stronger than narcotics or marijuana, but no drugged/drowsiness feelings). Sweetened with a little stevia and just a splash of half and half.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I mix 1/2 n 1/2 Nabob organic with a private organic Mexican bean we get in different flavours like Vanilla Cinnamon Nut, Highlander Grogg, Bavarian Chocolate, Irish Cream, and Hazelnut. The flavoured beans are too strong on their own, that's why we mix. Teas I like best are David's Tea Ceremonial Matcha, Stash Licorice, and celestial Seasonings Blueberry. I drink everything w/o sweetener or cream/milks. Hubby likes his coffee double/double and his tea plain.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    As for coffee I like to get iced dark roast from Dunkin with cream. At home I like Folgers Black Silk with heavy cream. No sweetener.

My favorite tea is earl grey. Right now I'm really liking Republic of Tea's Ginger Peach Chocolate Truffle. I just drink it w/o cream or sweetener. I also have an asian pear matcha at home, unsure of the brand, that's very good.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Coffee I am not too fussy on, and only have about 3 times per week. But tea, I hate to admit it but I am a bit of a snob. Drink it both hot or cold, and straight up. Rose Tea, Assam, White Tea, GingerRoot, Darjeeling, Irish Breakfast, Early Grey, Lady Grey, Oolong. Is a partial list.

And get some shipped straight from Thailand a few times a year, I am in Florida. That started after my daughter went there on a trip and sent me some. Both loose leaf, and some in teabags. I just really like the taste of tea. I have ordered loose leaf Chai mix.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I make a cold brew concentrate out of San Francisco Bay French Roast from Costco and add Skinny Syrups. Tea I'm a total junkie, I love most aside of Matcha. I recently discovered fennel in Pukka blends, it's so good! My favorite is roasted fennel, cardamom, and chicory right now.
  • ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    When I want to spoil myself with my green tea, I go for Townshend's Tea Dragon Pearl Jasmine.

I also love Matcha but I just can't afford it.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    ploomka wrote: »
    When I want to spoil myself with my green tea, I go for Townshend's Tea Dragon Pearl Jasmine.

I also love Matcha but I just can't afford it.

Try MECHA. You can find it in your Asian markets. It's mild and flavorful.
    https://www.myjapanesegreentea.com/mecha