Night Sweats?

Options
leonadixon
leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
For the past week and a half, I started waking up in the middle of the night DRENCHED in sweat. Last night, my body just felt like it was on fire and I could not sleep! I am not sure if this is the start of something new for me. Does anyone have any tips on how to deal with this?

Replies

• Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I can't help, sorry, but I've just started with that too - I really need to put the winter duvet on but I'm waking and burning up with just the summer one.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've been opening the window and have the fan going as if it were still summer! My poor husband LOL
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I ensure I have a sheet under my duvet so I can kick that one off and still be covered - once the sweat is gone the cooling down becomes an issue for me.
  • beckyrpl
    beckyrpl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You need an arsenal of things for this. 1) Fans - if you have a ceiling fan, crank it. Also standing fans work well too. 2) put a water bottle of ice water on your bedside table. 3) try using a light weight cotton blanket - they are wonderful for this. 4) don't wear any type of heavyweight PJ's - I just wear cotton undies. Good luck!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Layers for blankets, cotton is best
    Ceiling fans.
    Ice in a "hot water bottle"