Daily Reading Accountability Week 2 (8/19/13-8/25/13)

Options
auntsammy88
auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
It's time to start week 2! I hope that more people will log and that we will all stay accountable this week! Even if you don't have time to comment on your reading, please post that you did read and the verses. Great job group!

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    This is a text of The Word I'll me praying about and meditating on today:

1 Peter 4:12-19
    King James Version (KJV)

12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
    14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
    17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
    18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
    19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Wow, Amen and Selah! Thank you Lord, for your Love and Light. How we love to point fingers and wag our heads and tongues over all type of stuff, that doesn't line up with our way of thinking, living and doing things. LOOK How The Holy Spirit is showing us that "being a "busybody" in other mens business is grouped together with being a murderer or thief or evil doer....WOW:noway: YIKES--really? REALLY! YES, it's TRUE.

y/our gossiping, being nosy, controlling and whatnot is not merely "respectable sins" in God's eyes (even though more often than it--being a "busybody" is a "respectable sin" in our own eyes...but IS equal to the most heinous sins we consider most wicked. Lord, God...PLEASE continue to open the eyes of our spirits on these "eternally" important matter and help us Father to be DOERS of The/Your Word...and not mere "hearers" only--as you say, "deceiving ourselves. Amen? AMEN! THANK YOU Lord, for ever teaching me/directing me/helping me to "preach the gospel to myself on a daily basis"!!!!
  • auntsammy88
    Options
    Tonight's reading was John 13: 1-20. This is the scene prior to the passover feast when Jesus washes the disciples feet ...even Judas who would later betray him. This shows the humility of Jesus. I pray that I might follow in his footsteps of humility and love. To lead is to serve.
  • Erithil
    Erithil Posts: 52
    Options
    I'm sorry I haven't been reporting much: I'm still in Job, reading through the same strain of dialogues. When I get to 38 I will certainly have much to write :D
  • auntsammy88
    Options
    Tonight's reading was John 13:21-38. This is such an important section because it is a: the Lord's Supper/passover meal, b. Jesus speaks of a new commandment to love.

My favorite section is this: (Vs 31-35 NRSV)

31 When he had gone out, Jesus said, “Now the Son of Man has been glorified, and God has been glorified in him. 32 If God has been glorified in him,[a] God will also glorify him in himself and will glorify him at once. 33 Little children, I am with you only a little longer. You will look for me; and as I said to the Jews so now I say to you, ‘Where I am going, you cannot come.’ 34 I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

I can only hope that people will know that I am a disciple of Christ by my love for God's children. I strive to grow in that love. I know that I am not perfect at it (I am, of course, still very sinful in my thoughts and actions), but I really try to follow Jesus in this most important commandment to love.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Studying Matthew Chapter 5 today...What Way, Truth and Life Jesus, The Word is!

Particularly...

Matthew 5:43-48

King James Version (KJV)

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
    46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
    47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
  • auntsammy88
    Options
    Today was bible study day. We read Isaiah chapter 40, focusing on vs 3 which is also in Matthew with reference to John the Baptist. We discussed the double meaning of chapter 40 to be a. A Prophecy about Jesus coming to release us from sin's captivity and b. A source of comfort for Jews that would be captured in Babylon soon after Isaiah's time.
    Isaiah 40:3-5 (NIV)
    A voice of one calling:
    “In the wilderness prepare
    the way for the Lord[a];
    make straight in the desert
    a highway for our God.
    4 Every valley shall be raised up,
    every mountain and hill made low;
    the rough ground shall become level,
    the rugged places a plain.
    5 And the glory of the Lord will be revealed,
    and all people will see it together.
    For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.
  • auntsammy88
    Options
    Today's reading for me was John Ch 14 in its entirety. This is where we get that Jesus is "the way, the truth, and the life". It is also where Jesus speaks of sending an "advocate" (the Holy Spirit) to dwell within us. I highly recommend that you read this chapter. It's just beautiful. <3
  • Erithil
    Erithil Posts: 52
    Options
    Today I'm on Job 31 (:
  • auntsammy88
    Options
    Today's reading was John 15. I can best be described with this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4gvjrgMx1U
  • auntsammy88
    Options
    Today was John 16.

Jesus has conquered the world! =)
  • auntsammy88
    Options
    Today I read John 17. This is Jesus' prayer for the disciples and for us. How amazing is it to know that Jesus prayed for us? Such beautiful words from our savior. <3