Halloween Woes

Options
Hubzilla
Hubzilla Posts: 27 Member
Poor kids... With me dieting my lovely wife bought Halloween bags of pretzels for me to hand out to the trick-or-treaters. I won't be skimming the loot this year...

:p

Replies

• merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I had to load up on candy in prep for trick-or-treaters last weekend. It's testing my resolve, for sure. :P
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Our kiddos 11 and 14 have decided not to trick or treat this year...they are going to have a movie night and we never get trick or treaters so no big bowl of candy this year!
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    We get around 110 kids at our door on Halloween. Up from zero at our old house (we moved 2 years ago).
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    merph518 wrote: »
    We get around 110 kids at our door on Halloween. Up from zero at our old house (we moved 2 years ago).

We moved 2 years ago too. We now live in one of the last few remaining trick or treat neighborhoods in our area. Almost everyone does Trunk or Treat which I have never been a part of but seems kind of meh in comparison.

Last year we did candy and toys and we hit over 100 kids but I do not know how many. It was crazy. I had such a good time because we have never lived anywhere that we could do it.
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    My Halloween treat to myself is to have two or three pieces of good quality chocolate (Godiva or Sees) and the trick is to only buy two or three pieces and save them for that particular evening!

Spooky, eh?!
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    My original plan for Halloween was to just not care what I ate. My kids and I have planned a family day since they’re all too old for trick or treat. Over the last few days though I’ve made a solid plan that includes one candy bar, one cookie, and a reasonable eat out. I’m not yet sold that I won’t cut out the sweets, but we’ll see what happens. I’m mostly looking forward to having a fun day with my kids.

We moved here a year and a half ago and are a little disappointed that the kids here don’t door to door, they trunk or treat here. Last year we didn’t get any kids and expect that this year will be the same.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,467 Member
    Options
    Hubzilla wrote: »
    Poor kids... With me dieting my lovely wife bought Halloween bags of pretzels for me to hand out to the trick-or-treaters. I won't be skimming the loot this year...

A lucky man.
  • Hubzilla
    Hubzilla Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    88olds wrote: »
    Hubzilla wrote: »

A lucky man.

The luckiest!
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @ConfidentRaven what is trunk or treat?
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    You put all of your kids in a suitcase and treat yourself to a nice evening!
  • kosseychick
    Options
    @conniewilkins56 i could see that working😁 Good thing I dont have children!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Nah.....people have a parking lot at a school or church and they decorate their car trunks and pass out candy to the trick or treaters....it’s a contained area and usually safer....very popular now....usually sponsored by school or neighborhood and sometimes a small carnival or game booths....
  • kosseychick
    Options
    Oh ok cool.. Never heard of it before.. thanks for the explanation Connie😊